chapter 26

Chapter 26 Labor

    "You..." Zhou Laosan looked at Zhou Yi in astonishment. He really couldn't believe that a child could know these things. For a while, what

    Zhou's mother said about Zhou Yi's evil came to his mind. "What do you know as a child, go and go. You don't have a place for adults to interrupt."

    "Third son, you really did it. Using my daughter as a favor, I don't care how much you charge, anyway, my You don't want to stick a finger out of the children. Dad, say something!" Zhou Er Er knew that the final decision on this matter still rests with Mr. Zhou, so he looked at Mr. Zhou rightly.

    Mr. Zhou glanced at Zhou Yi. Although he didn't know where the kid heard those words, it was undeniable that they hit him in the gut. The future of Da Lang and Mr. Zhou was what he cared about most. From the foundation he earned, there will be two more famous people. At that time, he must let his eccentric parents watch from the ground, who is the most promising son of the Zhou family, he or his elder brother.

    If the matter of selling people was really yelled out by the Erfang family regardless, then the reputation of Dalang and Zhou Laosi would be really bad. As for Zhou Laosan's claim that Master Wang could help them in their examinations, At first he was really moved, but after hearing Zhou Yi's words, he felt unreliable, frowned and thought for a while, and then said under the watchful eyes of the whole family, "There is no need to talk about this, third child, you put The collected money is returned to others, how is it, our old Zhou family can do such a spine-tingling thing." "

    Father, it can't be like this, why do you want me to explain to the master?" Zhou Laosan was anxious Well, he worked so hard, got nothing and offended the master?     But after Erfang expressed his determination to die, Mr. Zhou didn't dare to gamble. In the end, Zhou Laosan left the village angrily. I don't know how he negotiated with Mr. Wang. Anyway, there is no news about this matter.     The consequence of Zhou Yi's over-extended performance in this matter is that Wang Yan and Zhou Laoer firmly believe that it is because he is smart, while Zhou's mother looks at him with a strange and slightly evasive look, except Zhou Laoer Wang Yan, how could he care about other people's eyes.     After this incident, Zhou Yi originally thought that the separation of the family would continue to drag on in the contest between the upper house and the second house. But I didn't expect this opportunity to come so suddenly and make people sad.

    On an ordinary noon, many people in Xiawan Village were resting for a while, when the gongs and drums for the village convene suddenly sounded. Many people reluctantly got up from the bed, cursing their mothers as they walked.

    When they walked to the sun-dried valley in the village and saw two officials standing next to the serious-looking village chief, everyone became nervous, wondering why the officials would be dispatched?

    All the boys from Zhou's family came, and Zhou Yi still became the little tail of Zhou's second son.

    After everyone arrived, the village chief spoke, "The two messengers have important announcements today, so you should listen carefully.

    " For males over the age of five and under the age of forty-five, one of every two qualified males must serve hard labor. Those who do not want to go will be charged thirty taels of silver per head for half a year. The registration of the number will begin today. Report it voluntarily, and if anyone conceals it or escapes, hehe, the whole family will go to prison together." Everyone dared

    not and didn't have the heart to distinguish between the two officials, and after the meeting, they all walked home with heavy slumbers. .

    Zhou Lao Er's hands holding Zhou Yi were shaking. He didn't know what a canal was. He only remembered that when he was ten years old, Nanyuan Fucheng also called for labor to dredge the Liangyuan River. to half. Zhou Laoer still remembers that every family hung white sails and the village looked lifeless.

    How many people will not come back this time!

    Zhou Yi's small hand was rubbing the neck of Zhou Laoer's neck. When he was studying, he only mentioned the Great Wall and the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal in the history books. In Zhou Yi's eyes, it was just a symbol. How many lonely souls and wild ghosts are buried under the wall of the Great Wall and the cold bottom of the canal? If you don't put it aside, you will never understand what such a "great" project means to the ancient low-level people whose lives are worthless!

    Back home, Zhou Er Er directly closed the door and discussed with Wang Yan: "Shangfang will definitely not pay me, we can only pay the money ourselves, but let Shangfang know the little money in hand and keep it." Can't stop."

    "Father, what time is it now, and you are still thinking about money! No matter what, you can't go to labor. If something happens to you, what will we, mother and child, do?" Wang Yan's

    eyes Showing deep fear, she had a deep impression of the forced labor when she was a child, that is, when she came back from the labor, the strong father came back skinny, with only a sigh of relief, and even now he can't do heavy work.

    The second child of Zhou hurriedly held Wang Yan's trembling hand, repeatedly assuring: "I won't be a laborer. No matter what happens, it's not as important as our family being together safely..." The

    girls also felt the heavy pressure at home. In the atmosphere, everyone restrained their voices and did not speak, watching Zhou Laoer and Wang Yan cautiously.

    Zhou Yi was actually not too worried. Even if the house did not pay any money, they still had a hundred or so taels in their hands, so it was impossible for Zhou Erer to work hard no matter what.

    But fate always seems to love to show its presence by making some jokes.

    When Zhou Laoer was discussing with Wang Yan, the official had already brought the village head and two villagers to Zhou's yard. The village head and the villagers were recruited by officials as witnesses. In order to avoid someone deliberately concealing the report, after asking about the situation of the family, the village head and two villagers will be asked to sign a bond. If the situation is wrong, the three people who signed the mark and did not point out at the time will be dealt with the same as the person who lied.

    The three of them naturally did their best, and they wished they could pick up all the eighteen generations of ancestors in the village, so as not to be implicated.

    Zhou's mother looked at the two officials, and she was so frightened that she stood and shrank in the room, not daring to come out.

    Mr. Zhou claimed to be a man who had seen the world, so he thought it was very appropriate to answer him. When he asked who the family planned to send to labor, Mr. Zhou hesitated. The eldest son wanted to give him a filial piety for the elderly, so naturally he couldn't go. The third son is now a shopkeeper, which is even more impossible. Both the fourth son and Da Lang While studying, Mr. Zhou was still counting on them to obtain fame and glory in the exams. Only the second child is now against him everywhere, beyond his control, in this case, let him go, it is his good luck to come back, if he does not come back, it can only be his fate.

    When Zhou Laoer's family came out, the officials had already registered Zhou Laoer's name in the register. Although Zhou Laoer had expected it, but when things really came to this point, Mr. Zhou was willing to pay money for the other two places. When he was pushed out, he was still injured.