chapter 113

Chapter 113 On the Importance of Timing

    The emperor finished reading Zhou Yi's report. Although more people died in Yuanping Mansion, Zhou Yi greatly promoted his reputation in the Da Viet Times, which made Emperor Chongzheng feel good. Said: "You go and get a copy of the Da Viet Times, and listen to what the people in the capital say about me."

    Eunuch Zhang narrowed his eyes, stepped back slowly, and walked out of the imperial study room to pat his chest. Shocked, he thought: Could it be that Zhou Yi is a monster this time, he actually guessed 100% the emperor's reaction after reading the report.

    Eunuch Zhang was determined at this moment. No matter what, he could not fight against Zhou Yi. He was so calculating and not smart. If he fought against Zhou Yi, he might not know how he would die at that time.

    Eunuch Zhang took a deep breath, took the waist badge for leaving the palace, and went to collect the people's evaluation of Emperor Chongzheng.

    As soon as Eunuch Zhang left the palace, he saw Yang Zhiwen and Xing Jing coming hand in hand.

    Eunuch Zhang bowed his body and greeted the two elders, without revealing anything about Zhou Yi's report, he left the palace with his head buried.

    "Master Shoufu, it seems that we have provoked a great person this time." Yang Zhiwen stroked his beard while walking, and said with a smile.

    Xing Jing snorted coldly: "Little Huangmao, you dance for joy, but you don't know that the higher you jump, the harder you fall!"

    Yang Zhiwen laughed cheerfully when he heard this, and didn't say anything, but he knew in his heart that Xing Jing would also fall. Don't dare to ignore Zhou Yi, otherwise he wouldn't rush to the palace.

    The two went hand in hand outside the imperial study, and after waiting for a while, Emperor Chongzheng let them in.     Emperor Chongzheng

    straightened his face: "The two elders are not at home to meditate. Why did you see me?"

most horrible.

    Yang Zhiwen's heart paused, he always felt that something was overlooked by him, but he really couldn't remember what it was.

    Xing Jing was much more impatient than Yang Zhiwen. Hearing the emperor's question, although he felt that something was wrong, he still said: "Your Majesty, a Da Viet Times has recently appeared in the capital, which has attracted the attention of the people in the capital." "Yes, this

    is The emperor approved it, why, Xing Ge always has an opinion?" Emperor Chongzheng fixed his eyes on Xing Jing and asked in a calm voice.

    Xing Jing naturally knew that it was approved by the emperor, otherwise why would he bother to come to see the emperor, if he hadn't passed the imperial seal, any name he gave would have shut down the Dai Viet Times.

    "Your Majesty, Mr. Zhou has a young heart. After getting your imperial seal, he didn't think about how to share his worries for the king. Instead, he played with things and lost his mind. Those who got on the board were all talented men and beauties. The private affairs of the big families in the capital caused complaints from the people in the capital. How decent is it?"     The emperor looked at Xing Jing, seeing him with a stern face and a heartbroken look, he was annoyed, Zhou Yi had mentioned how to increase the so-called attention before he proposed to run the Da Viet Times, Emperor Chongzheng had known about these things through Zhou Yi in advance, and now Xing Jing said these things, of course, it would not affect Emperor Chongzheng.     "Oh, according to what Elder Xing Ge said, what should we do?"     "Your Majesty, it is inevitable that Zhou Shidu can do whatever he wants with your imperial pen, and I suggest that the emperor take back the imperial pen and depose the Da Viet Times." Xing Jing knelt on the ground with a plop, his tone Sincerely said to the emperor.     After hearing this, Emperor Chongzheng didn't show any superfluous expressions. Instead, he looked at Yang Zhiwen: "Mr. Yang Ge, do you also have the same opinion?     " ..."     "What are you worried about?" Emperor Chongzheng stared at Yang Zhiwen.     Yang Zhiwen paused before saying: "I'm just worried that Zhou Shidu will wantonly expand his reputation through this article. At that time, the people in the world will know Zhou Yi, but not the emperor." If Zhou Yi is here, he must treat Yang     Zhiwen Thumbs up, tsk tsk, look, look, they are all eye drops, so Yang Zhiwen is better than Xing Jing.

    He knew that Emperor Chongzheng had the best reputation, so he directly exploited Emperor Chongzheng's weakness. This was the trick Xing Jing used to bring down Yang Zhiwen, but now he has learned and used it flexibly.

    If Emperor Chongzheng hadn't read Zhou Yi's report, he might have become suspicious. People tend to be preconceived. Zhou Yi was the first to confess everything to Emperor Chongzheng. Emperor Chongzheng had already determined that Zhou Yi was a A person with a pure heart, coupled with the last sentence in Zhou Yi's report, Emperor Chongzheng had a suspicion of Yang and Xing.

    Two good prime ministers don't think about how to deal with the government and seek the well-being of the people, but join forces to frame a junior who has just entered the officialdom. What a bad temper.

    But even so, Emperor Chongzheng still had some doubts in his heart. He was not suspicious of Zhou Yi's intentions, but felt that Zhou Yi might have indeed taken his limelight without knowing it.

    At this moment, Eunuch Zhang quietly stood at the door of the imperial study.

    When Emperor Chongzheng saw him, he realized that he sent Eunuch Zhang out to investigate, so he called Eunuch Zhang in and let Eunuch Zhang approach him, "What's the matter?"

    Seeing that Emperor Chongzheng didn't want the two elders to know, Eunuch Zhang went He approached the emperor in a low voice and said, "My maidservant went out to investigate. Many people in the capital were very resentful towards the officials who corrupted Yuanping Mansion's embankment, and praised Mr. Zhou as a good official. However, the common people still praised you the most, saying that you It is a wise king who cares about the people and knows people, so he can use a good official like Mr. Zhou as an imperial envoy..." "

    Hahahaha..." Emperor Chongzheng laughed when he heard it. He didn't agree with what Zhou Yi said before. The effect of the Dai Viet Times, now it seems, is even worse than that.

    Moreover, Yang Zhiwen's words that people in the world only know Zhou Yi and don't know the emperor's words are completely alarmist, with the heart of a villain! ! !

    Yang Zhiwen and Xing Jing were lying on the ground, not knowing what happened, which made the emperor so happy.

    But when the emperor is in a good mood, they can speak better.

    Emperor Chongzheng waved his hand to let Eunuch Zhang go down, and Eunuch Zhang bowed his head and walked away quietly.

    Emperor Chongzheng is in a good mood now, and besides, Yang Zhiwen and Xing Jing are elders of the imperial court anyway, so he wanted to give them some face, and said with a smile: "Get up."

    Yang Zhiwen and Xing Jing got up and saw Emperor Chongzheng smiling Xing Jing still said first: "Your Majesty, Zhou Shi read those deceptive articles published in the Da Viet Times. It is really against the world's displeasure. I implore the emperor to withdraw the imperial pen." Yang Zhiwen

    said There was no doubt at the time, and he said respectfully: "The minister seconded the proposal, Zhou Shidu blatantly reported the affairs of the government in the Da Viet Times, and the people were uproarious, causing the court to lose its majesty. If things go on like this, everyone can point fingers at the government. It’s a loss of authority.”

    Emperor Chongzheng’s face changed from a smile to a dark cloud.

    "Okay, okay, this is the old man chosen by me. You don't want to share your worries, but you are busy putting on shoes for a junior. Okay, really good!!!" Emperor Chongzheng stood up suddenly, and The memorial in his hand was thrown to the ground with a bang.

    "On weekdays you are intriguing, so I just pretend I didn't see it. Unexpectedly, now it has reached the point where you will suppress any talented newcomer. Don't think that I don't know. Don't you just see that Zhou Yi didn't do it for you? If you use it, you will feel resentful!! You see, what kind of disaster has this court been caused by you? No one dared to take over the corruption case of Yuanping Mansion. As the chief assistant and second assistant, what face do you have? Not only that, but you also joined forces to push Zhou Yi into this case that no one wants to take over, how about it, do you want to take advantage of Zhou Yi's investigation this time and take him down in one fell swoop? Ah!!" Yang Zhiwen and Xing Jing

    groaned On the ground, my whole body was shaking violently, and my back was soon wet with sweat.