147

Chapter 147 Thunderstorm

    The time for tax collection passed quickly, and from all over Da Viet, the tax money with commercial seals was continuously shipped to the capital, and the tax money had been handed over by the Ministry of Commerce.

    Those who are interested only know that the tax collected by the Ministry of Commerce will not be less this time, but no one knows the exact amount. It should be said that they cannot estimate it with their common sense.

    When Zhou Yi had almost finished the handover and was about to report to Emperor Chongzheng and hand it over to the household department, the emperor suddenly ordered to go to the morning court.

    Zhou Yi, like the other courtiers, was puzzled by Monk Zhanger. During these days, Emperor Chongzheng didn't order him, and he himself didn't go to Emperor Chongzheng because he was busy with taxation.

    While waiting outside the Meridian Gate, someone came to ask Zhou Yi if he knew what was the reason why Emperor Chongzheng suddenly opened the morning court this time. Zhou Yi really didn't know, so he had to answer truthfully.

    But those people don't believe it.

    "Hey, Mr. Zhou, why is this so? We are all officials in the same dynasty, and sometimes we help each other. If we know what the emperor is doing, we can make preparations..." After the man finished speaking, the surrounding officials They all nodded in unison.

    Zhou Yi smiled wryly: "My lords, I really don't know, you should also know that I have only returned to the capital not long ago, and I have been busy with tax matters these days, and I haven't seen the emperor for a long time! Besides, the emperor's power is unpredictable, How can I, as a courtier, know?"

    The person who asked Zhou Yi laughed: "Yes, Mr. Zhou said that, it is true, I shouldn't ask you." But looking at him, he didn't quite believe it.

    Zhou Yi shrugged, maybe this is the trouble of being a favored minister. Others only think of you as having a bright future, and the emperor really regards you as his confidant, but only you know what's going on.

    Xing Jing and Yang Zhiwen stood on the spot with their eyes closed, looking like old gods were there, as if they knew something. Other officials gathered to talk quietly.

    Zhou Yi looked around suspiciously. Could it be that something important happened during his absence from Beijing?

    Bells and drums rang, the Meridian Gate opened, and Zhou Yi followed a group of ministers into the palace. The people in the Ministry of Rituals who inspected the appearance of officials were still stern and selfless. This time Zhou Yi didn’t smile at them anymore. But he didn't answer, yes, he is such a narrow-minded person.

    Unexpectedly, Zhou Yi would not show his smiling face this time. The old man in the etiquette department was more polite to him. After the inspection, he said: "Master Zhou has worked hard these days." Zhou Yi couldn't laugh or cry

    . Really old-fashioned, the ability to watch people play is also very slick, Zhou Yi just nodded lightly, and replied with an understatement.

    The official from the Ministry of Rituals didn't say anything, and wrote Zhou Yi a good appearance in the gift book. Then the eunuch sang promises, and the morning court officially began.

    But what is strange today is that in the past only princes could be in the Golden Palace in the early court, but this time almost all the adult princes came.