chapter 109

Chapter 109 On the Importance of Acting Skills

    When he went back that night, Zhou Yi didn't teach Zhou Jia to read, nor did he talk to his family, but locked himself in the study and didn't fall asleep until the third watch.

    The next day, when I arrived at the Hanlin Academy, all my colleagues looked at him sympathetically. The old man who couldn’t let go of the family said to Zhou Yi with a sad face: “Ah, a few days ago, I envied you for getting a hundred taels of silver. Come on, misfortune depends on it, the ancients never deceived me, Zhou Shidu, you must be careful when you go this time." After saying that, he looked around and saw that no one noticed him, so he leaned into Zhou Yi's ear and said : "If you can fool it, just fool it. In the past, those who investigated such cases were all senior officials, and they didn't dare to investigate in depth. You should take it easy, you little arms and legs." Zhou Yi thanked him for this

    . Dude, although this guy often cries for poverty, and he never refuses donations from his colleagues in the Imperial Academy, it seems a bit cheeky, but these few words are really for Zhou Yi's consideration.

    Zhou Yi thought it might be due to the fact that the money donated to this guy was not less than one tael each time?

    After Zhou Yi sat down, Wen Qu came over and patted him on the shoulder with a complicated expression: "Everything is about self-protection."

    Zhou Yi nodded, glanced around, and said to Wen Qu; "Master Wen, sir I have something to tell you."

    After a gentle pause, Zhou Yi and Zhou Yi went to a remote library in the Imperial Academy.

    "Zhou Yi, what's the matter?" Wen Qu asked suspiciously.

    "My lord, I know that going to investigate the case this time is very dangerous, so as not to get you involved, let's forget about my sister and your son's marriage." Wen Qu's

    expression changed upon hearing this: "Zhou Yi, who are you as an old man? Could it be that in your eyes, the old man is the kind of villain who seeks advantages and avoids disadvantages?"

    Zhou Yi shook his head: "Of course not, just because you are an upright gentleman, I don't want to implicate the Wen family."

    Wen Qu listened, his face softened a little, he stroked his beard and said, "Zhou Yi, not to mention that I believe you will handle this matter well, even if this matter fails, it will not implicate the Wen family. It’s just in-laws, so what’s the relationship? Under the imperial city, you can go and count, which of the civil and military ministers in the Manchu Dynasty has no complicated relationship with others?” Of course Zhou Yi knew, he was very clear about this

    matter At worst, he would lose his official title, and if he was more serious, he would be imprisoned for a few years. It would definitely not threaten his life, but in this way, his official career would come to an end.     The reason why the Wen family fell in love with Liuya was more because they were optimistic about his future. If he fell here, what would the Wen family do with the Zhou family? After all, Liuya was just a country girl, the son of a second-rank official. Even if there is no real power in hand, it is not difficult to form a good marriage.     Even if Wen Qu is a gentleman, it is human instinct to think about his son and his family. Rather than the Wen family regretting it, it's better for him to bring it up himself.     "Zhou Yi, don't worry, since this marriage has been settled, this old man will never regret it." Wen Qu said firmly.     Zhou Yi nodded. In fact, it was within his expectation that Wen Qu would not regret his relationship. First, Wen Qu was optimistic about him, and he didn't think that Zhou Yi would definitely get involved in this matter. Second, if Zhou Yi had just When encountering a little difficulty, the Wen family regretted their marriage, so how will he behave after Wen Qu?     After talking about this matter with Wen Qu, Zhou Yi returned to his seat and sat down, rubbing the plan written last night in his hands, looking out the window with distant eyes, then stood up, and walked out of the Imperial Academy resolutely.     He walked along the Imperial Academy to the outside of the imperial study, and the one who guarded the door was still the father-in-law who issued the edict to Zhou Yi.     Zhou Yi stepped forward and stood opposite the father-in-law: "Please tell me that Zhou Yi has something important to report to His Majesty." As he spoke, he took out a cloth bag from his sleeve and stuffed it into the father-in-law's hand.     The father-in-law squeezed the cloth bag secretly with his hands and found that it was not light. The face of a late lady who was hanging just now was brighter than flowers, "Oh, Zhou Shidu is the imperial envoy of the emperor, so he has the right to directly report to the emperor. , our family is going to report now, just wait a moment..."