187

Chapter 187 Returning to Beijing

    The battle line has been pushed outside the capital of the Great Qiang Kingdom, and many people in the capital of the Great Qiang Kingdom are already preparing to flee. Even the King of the Great Qiang, under the advice of his subordinates, is planning to follow the example of his predecessors and flee to the desert.

    "King, the peacemakers from Da Yue are here!" Just when Da Qiang was in despair and felt that Da Yue was about to be wiped out, news finally came from Da Yue.

    If it weren't for the presence of so many courtiers, Da Qiang King might have burst into tears of joy. It's great, he finally didn't have to live in the desert. If he had known that Dayue's artifact was so powerful, he would have agreed to Zhou Yi's request. , now there are only 20% of the army left, the grassland has been blown up, and he himself is almost going to be the king of subjugation. Compared with these, it seems that it is not so unacceptable to cede two large grasslands to Dayue and surrender to Dayue .

    Now Dayue sent people to negotiate a peace, and the price they paid was even more exorbitant than what Zhou Yi said before, but now they Daqiang didn't even have the room to refuse.

    Dayue did indeed send people here, a peace negotiation team, and brought the imperial decree of Emperor Chongzheng, first of all, to praise Zhou Yi for his great achievements, and second, to let him return to Beijing, and leave the peace negotiation to other people.

    "Master Zhou." A member of the peace negotiation team helped Zhou Yi up after receiving the imperial decree: "We all know that you have won the battle, and the whole country is celebrating, and the emperor is even more happy. Thank you, thank you for solving our national crisis in Da Viet and teaching Da Qiang a lesson."

    Zhou Yi took advantage of the situation and said with a smile: "The victory of this battle is the result of the hard work of the two generals and countless soldiers. Dare to take the credit." Even if the battle was turned around because of him, Zhou Yi has always been cautious in his words and deeds, and will not give others any excuses.

    "Master Zhou is too self-effacing. When the officials came, the emperor asked me to tell Lord Zhou that His Majesty has prepared a grand celebration banquet for you. Lord Zhou, the officials may not be able to catch up with your celebration because they want to negotiate peace. Yes, we are here to congratulate Mr. Zhou."

    Zhou Yi smiled back, and he looked at the peace negotiation team: "I wonder what conditions are proposed by the imperial court and the Great Qiang peace talks this time?"

    The leader of the Yihe Team did not hesitate at all, and said without any concealment: "After discussions among the court officials, they all decided to give Da Qiang a warning this time. It is necessary to pay 200,000 horses to Da Viet every year..."

    There are a few more items in the back.

    Zhou Yi was a little surprised when he heard that, when dealing with foreigners before, Da Yue always acted as magnanimous as possible, for fear of falling a little bit of the demeanor of a foreign country. And the conditions for this peace negotiation are really unprecedented. Not to mention anything else, the 200,000 war horses every year will seriously hurt the spleen, liver, heart and lungs of Da Qiang. 100,000 horses, and now the Da Yue lion opened its mouth wide, and went directly to more than half of it, Zhou Yi could already imagine how the Da Qiang people vomited blood.

    Zhou Yi smiled slightly and said: "These conditions are very good." It seems that the imperial court is planning to treat Da Qiang as a horse farm for Da Yue, which is much better than when it was treating foreigners before, only knowing that it was only kind.