chapter 97

Chapter 97

    Everyone waited for a while, and at about five o'clock, the bell on the Meridian Gate rang, and the Meridian Gate slowly opened. Headed by Yang Zhiwen, all officials followed him and entered the palace through the Meridian Gate. Xiao Xiami, of course, can only follow behind these big guys.

    Zhou Yi followed the crowd into the palace of the Dayue Dynasty. Even under the darkness, it could not weaken its majestic atmosphere at all.

    It is the first time for these newly promoted Jinshi of Dai Viet to enter the imperial palace. This vast and endless palace is a sacred place for everyone to worship devoutly. He couldn't help but quietly raised his head to look around.

    Zhou Yi looked around, but there was nothing to see. Looking up, except for the seemingly endless road stretching forward, there were high walls on both sides, which directly blocked their sight.

    They followed these ministers for a while, and were asked to stop at a place called the Hall of Preserving Harmony. Then he was arranged into the hall, where there were already waiting examiners, and there were Ouchi guards with swords on both sides.

    The hall was filled with short tables, and after these Jinshi entered the hall, someone arranged for them to sit in their corresponding positions one by one.

    The exam started at seven o'clock. After they sat down, they waited for a long time until the bell rang from nowhere before the exam began.

    Although the palace examination was presided over by the emperor himself, the previous re-examination was to be completed in the early court by these Jinshi themselves under the supervision of the examiner.

    Left and right can only be regarded as a formality, and it is not important. After the early court at the Jinluan Hall, the emperor and all civil and military officials will move to the Baohe Hall. Under the witness of so many people, what is going on is the real one. palace test.

    The questions of the palace examination may be chosen by the emperor, or he may set the questions himself, and only ask questions about strategies and nothing else.

    At around nine o'clock, the retest was over.

    Zhou Yi and the others waited for a while, and then heard the servant's sharp voice: "The emperor is here."

    Zhou Yi had never eaten pork, but after watching so much TV, he knew what he was going to do at this time, so he immediately realized what to do, and followed the crowd to shout long live.

    Zhou Yi knelt in the middle, and after waiting for a while, he caught a glimpse of a pair of feet wearing yellow boots passing by him. Judging by the thickness of those legs, the emperor was probably a fat man.

    "Everyone loves you." After the emperor sat down for a while, he finally heard such a sentence. Zhou Yi seemed to yawn after hearing the emperor's words.

    That's right, it's been so long since I've been to the court, so it's no wonder the emperor isn't used to this sudden appearance.

    Because they have been greeted before, these rookies who are about to enter the dream workplace, even if they are excited after meeting the big boss, still hold back and dare not look up.

    "Hey..." Now, not only Zhou Yi heard it, everyone in the hall heard it, and the emperor yawned big.

    After hearing this, Zhou Yi was complaining in his heart that the emperor was too careless. In front of Xinke Jinshi, he should at least maintain a little dignity of the emperor.