chapter 95

Chapter 95

    Zhou Yi originally wanted to visit Pan Sixie at home, but now that he was invited, there was no reason not to go, so he brought some gifts to Pan's house.

    The Pan family is located in the middle of the West Street, not far from the Li Mansion. Of course, the distance is only relatively speaking. Which of these high-ranking officials’ mansions does not occupy a large area? Not close.

    When Zhou Yi arrived at Pan's house, someone was already waiting at the door. Seeing Zhou Yi, he quickly stepped forward and asked respectfully: "But Mr. Zhou?"

    Zhou Yi smiled and replied: "I am Zhou Yi."

    The servant hurriedly said "Master has ordered me to wait for a long time, my lord, please follow me."

    Zhou Yi walked into Pan's mansion following the guide.

    Dayue Courtyard is headed by Nanyuan, misty and rainy south of the Yangtze River, and the courtyard is more picturesque. Later, the capital also began to build courtyards. Zhou Yi has seen many mansions, but they are as elegant and dignified as Pan's Mansion. Yes, but not often.

    Pan Sixie's courtyard is naturally located in the middle of Pan's residence, named Sixie courtyard, Zhou Yi looked at it, and secretly laughed in his heart, he did not expect Pan Sixie to be so serious on the surface, but so boring in private, even the name of the courtyard has to match his own name same.

    Zhou Yi entered the Sixie Courtyard, and the servants directly brought him into the main hall.

    In the main hall, apart from Pan Sixie, Mrs. Pan was also there, and Zhou Yi hurriedly stepped forward to say hello, "Old Pan, hello to Mrs. Pan." Pan Sixie smiled and stepped forward to

    support him: "No need to salute, your teacher and I have been friends for many years , you almost grew up under my watch, why bother to call me Grandpa Pan."

    Zhou Yi didn't care, anyway, it used to be Grandpa Pan who used to be mixed up. But today, Pan Sixie's attitude seems to be extraordinarily attentive, and seeing Mrs. Pan looking at him with a smile, she is alert, there must be something wrong, right?     He is powerless now, even if he passes the test, he can only start as a small official. What will the Pan family come to him for? Zhou Yi suddenly had a flash of inspiration, and recalled what Han Xiangru told him about Pan Sixie's plan to recruit him as his grandson-in-law before, and he immediately took precautions.

    He can't afford to provoke Pan's daughter alone.

    "I originally wanted to come to visit, but I was afraid that I would disturb Grandpa Pan's peace..."

    Before Zhou Yi could finish speaking, Pan Sixie said, "Hey, your teacher and I have been friends for many years, and you call me Grandpa Pan again. Of course it's different, feel free to come over in the future."

    Zhou Yi obediently nodded in agreement.

    After talking for a while, Mrs. Pan smiled and asked: "Zhou Yi is seventeen now, and it's time to get married at this age. Did the family talk about marriage for you?

    " I thought about passing the Jinshi exam and then thinking about starting a family, so my family didn't make a marriage arrangement for me, but this time I've come to Beijing, I've already met someone I love..."

    Pan Sixie paused while holding the teacup, her expression was nothing Variety.

    Hearing what Zhou Yi said, Mrs. Pan's mood was not as high as before, and she only asked tentatively, "Which family is it?" Although Zhou Yi smiled, his tone was extremely firm.