chapter 115

Chapter 115

    Zhou Yi’s memorial to the emperor was not as serious and orderly as an academic report like ordinary memorials. His words were humorous and straightforward, and an ordinary trivial matter immediately became interesting, twisted and vivid through his pen.

    Emperor Chongzheng read with relish what Zhou Yi did in Yuanping Mansion these days as if reading a script.

    Zhou Yi talked about his visit to Tao Qiao in the prison: "Your Majesty, I heard from Master Ma of the Yuanping Mansion that Tao Qiao had pleaded guilty before I went, and I felt strange. If Tao Qiao If he really had such an awareness, he would not be greedy for these silver taels anymore. The official thought that Tao Qiao might be a scapegoat pushed out by others. There must be a real mastermind behind him. In order to let the people behind him show their feet, the official was deliberately in prison. Scared Tao Qiao a lot." After writing this, Zhou Yi also played the whole story of how he frightened Tao Qiao.

    Emperor Chongzheng found it both amused and relieved after reading it: "I'll be bluffing." After reading the record, he said with a smile.

    Eunuch Zhang had been listening to the emperor's movements outside, and seeing the emperor smiled again, he once again cast his eyes on Zhou Yi's admiration.

    Then Zhou Yi wrote about Ma Jiuyin's handing over the bank note: "Your Majesty, I was just guessing at first, but at night, Master Ma came to the place where I was staying and handed over 50,000 taels of silver directly to me. At that time, Weichen was startled and thought, Oh my God, I also met someone who offered me a bribe! To tell you the truth, Weichen was tempted at that time. Although Weichen grew up in the countryside, his family was also poor He has family assets, but so far he has saved only tens of thousands of taels of silver. At that time, Mr. Ma took out almost all the family property of Weichen's family. Weichen thought at the time, no wonder everyone wants to be an official. Come on. Money is so fast! Your Majesty, as I write this, I feel ashamed to see the sky. If I didn’t think of the emperor’s grace and the 100,000 people who died in vain in Yuanping’s mansion, I would have been greedy for the 50,000. Two silver bills to cover up the real mastermind.

    However, Your Majesty, this is how I think about it, and I didn't really take it. Don't blame me. I will keep my heart and do my best to serve you and the court with all my heart. But after hearing what Wei Chen said to Tao Qiao, Master Ma immediately bribed Wei Chen with money. It seems that Master Ma has a guilty conscience, and there must be something wrong with him. The minister will definitely continue to investigate, now that Tao Qiao has been guarded by the guards sent by the emperor, there shouldn't be any problems. The minister is getting a little verbose, and the minister will report to the emperor one after another about the follow-up matters. Your majesty, please don't think the minister is annoying. I am still a little afraid of handling such a big case. Only when the emperor reads my report and knows my every move, can I have the courage.

    A memorial was written in a dozen or so pages, but the key was that Emperor Chongzheng read it with relish. At the end

    , he sighed: "What a smart, silly boy." "

    Yeah, smart, how could someone who is not smart think of scaring Tao Qiao in such a way? Emperor Chongzheng thought, if there is no other interference, just relying on Zhou Yi's skills, I am afraid that Tao Qiao will not be able to hold on sooner or later, and he will tell him everything." More importantly ,

    Zhou Yi also took advantage of the guilty conscience of the people behind the scenes to directly let the other party show his flaws. It is a real plan to kill two birds with one stone. But it is also stupid, not only did he present the silver ticket in its