170

Chapter 170

    Zhou Yi got up and took a look at the list of unpaid taxes in his hand: "It really is these people." Zhou Yi put down the list and stretched himself, "Let's go, let's meet these noble families."

    And when Zhou Yi made a move, the aristocratic families also gathered together in small groups. Four Dukes and Three Marquises, no, it should be said to be the Three Dukes and Three Marquises now. Duke Yuchi has been deprived of his title, and he is gathering in Duke Qi's mansion at this time.

    Qi Guogong was the first to speak out: "Marquis Zheng, Marquis Wu, have you gone too far? We agreed to advance and retreat together, but now you two have paid taxes. Where do you put us?

    " He looked at Zheng Hou and Wu Hou.

    Zheng Hou sighed: "Qi Gong, I told you before that Marquis Wu and I decided to pay taxes, and the court has already punished non-taxation. Pay the tax, after all, it is only a sea trade tax, which was clearly announced by the Ministry of Commerce from the very beginning." "This is not just a

    matter of sea trade tax! Zheng Hou, you haven't figured it out yet, this is the imperial court forcing us Let us step back step by step. If we pay the commercial tax without any resistance today, maybe the imperial court will attack the land tax in the next step. So we can't pay the sea trade tax. As long as everyone advances and retreats together, even It's the emperor, you don't dare to risk the dissatisfaction of the world?" Lin Guogong said aloud.

    Zheng Hou opened his mouth. He really wanted to say that nearly 20% of the aristocratic families had already paid taxes, so it was impossible for Lin Guogong to say that everyone would advance and retreat together.

    He didn't say anything, Marquis Wu said it directly, and he snorted: "You take it for granted here, and you don't inquire about it. There are already many aristocratic families who have paid taxes. There are not many more me and Marquis Zheng, and less me and Marquis Zheng." There are quite a few Zheng Hous."

    "You have the face to say it, if you weren't so timid, how could you have put us in such a dilemma?" Zhang Guogong slapped the table and shouted angrily.     Marquis Wu had a bad temper, so he immediately changed his expression. He slapped the table louder than Zhang Guogong: "Who are you shouting at? You have hard bones, and you can see far. It's none of our business, but we want to pay taxes. , it’s none of your business, it’s just a personal choice.”

    Marquis Yu, who had been silent all this time, hurriedly smoothed things over: "Okay, don't talk about it, Marquis Zheng and Marquis Wu have already paid their taxes, so there is no point in discussing this matter any longer. Let's think about it and what to do next!" "What

    ? Naturally, we must persevere to the end. I want to see what Zhou Yi dared to do to us. Is it possible that he really dared us to arrest or cut off our heads? Don’t forget that our ancestors were all He has made great contributions to Da Yue, how dare he touch us like a yellow-haired kid! Hahahaha..." Zhang Guogong laughed disdainfully.

    He had some personal grievances towards Zhou Yi, because of Pan Si and Zhou Yi's matter, Zhang's family also made a big scandal in the capital, his son went to seek revenge on Zhou Yi, but Zhou Yi punished him, and even hurt Zhang's family The industry has shrunk by nearly 60%, and Zhang Guogong is naturally angry. He has long wanted to add trouble to Zhou Yi, and now the opportunity has come. If Zhou Yi cannot collect taxes from these aristocratic families, his prestige will definitely be greatly reduced.

    If the Ministry of Commerce issues any regulations in the future, everyone will no longer obey them honestly.

    Of course, he knew that if this matter was just a sign that his Zhang family was alone with Zhou Yi, Zhou Yi would deal with him immediately, so he tried his best to encourage everyone. On the one hand, it was because of the above reasons, on the other hand, he was really reluctant After paying so much tax, there is not much left in Zhang's property that Zhou Yi designed, and now he certainly doesn't want to hand over the money that has already been in his pocket.