194

Chapter 194

    Zhou Yi raised his head, with deep sadness in his eyes, although he tried his best to conceal it, his voice was still choked with sobs: "The late emperor did not repay the kindness of my humble minister, I should not go to sea that day, maybe I can see the late emperor for the last time." On the one hand..."

    The new emperor looked at Zhou Yi's unconcealable grief, and sneered in his heart: Zhou Yi is nothing more than that, can't you imagine that the father you respect so much let me get rid of you before he died!

    Thinking of Zhou Yi's impenetrable appearance when he was the prince trying to win over Zhou Yi in every possible way before, and looking at the respectful appearance of kneeling in front of him now, the new emperor felt very happy, happy, happy, really happy, it turns out This is the taste of power, this is the supreme imperial power!

    The new emperor originally wanted to get rid of Zhou Yi first, but he changed his mind now. He wanted Zhou Yi to enjoy being respectful and respectful to him. He wanted Zhou Yi to be trembling.

    The new emperor straightened his face: "Zhou Qing, now that I have just ascended the throne, I still need to be familiar with the affairs of the court. I hope you will be as loyal to me as you are to my father!

    " , I would like to follow the emperor's edict."

    Satisfied, the new emperor nodded, "Go down."

    "Yes." Zhou Yi stepped backwards out of the imperial study.

    The so-called one emperor and one courtier, when the new emperor ascends the throne, there is a new imperial team to be reused. This is a common practice. After all, those who support themselves to conquer the world should not be treated badly, but generally the emperor who inherits the general will first appease the officials , even if you want to change the team again, at least it will happen naturally and take your time. And for the veterans of the former court, unless they were the ones who blindly fought with themselves when they seized the throne, even if they wanted to seize power, they should give priority to You Rong, give them enough honor, and transfer them to ordinary idle positions.

    However, this new emperor is a little different. Because he himself was not so righteous in getting the throne, he was inevitably guilty and short of breath, so he was particularly eager to change the blood of the court. Only two months after he took the throne, he began to raise a guillotine to the ministers of the court.

    He also knows that for an emperor, the most important things are nothing more than two, one is power and the other is money. He himself won this position because he raised troops to force the palace, so he has a special desire to control the strength of troops, but he also knows Well, those generals have heavy troops in their hands. If Mao rashly lets them hand over military power, one bad thing may really force them to turn against them, so he must first hand over the money bag to his confidants before he can rest assured.

    Of course, Tao Dihua, Minister of the Household Department, was the first to suffer.

    Unlike Emperor Chongzheng, the new emperor was particularly diligent, and the routine morning court was held every day.

    In the early morning of this day, a censor suddenly came out to impeach Tao Dihua, saying that he embezzled the treasury for private use, and listed a lot of evidence.

    Tao Dihua was dumbfounded at the time, although he would accept some filial piety from the subordinates, but he diverted the state treasury for private use.