chapter 47

Chapter 47 County Examination

    Master Sun Zhu nodded and thanked him stiffly. Zhou Yi didn't say anything when he saw this. There were not many people at their age who would end up at the stage. Even if they went to the exam, they didn't think about it.

    But Master Sun Zhu obviously didn't think so, and he had to adjust it himself.

    After leaving the house, it was just past five o'clock, and the sky and the earth were still in twilight, but because of the county examination, Guang'an County, which is usually quiet at this time, now heard rustling voices from everywhere, It should be that the students who took the exam have all woken up.

    The shop was not far from the test shed, and it took about ten minutes to walk there. When they arrived, there were already many people waiting outside the gate, some of them even held a lantern, which made the place dim and dim.

    Many older candidates who took the test many times came alone, but more came with family members. As more and more people came, the outside of the test room became more and more noisy.

    After waiting for a while, the sky gradually brightened. Zhou Yi looked up and found that candidates aged between fifteen and sixteen to twenty accounted for the majority. Of course, there were also candidates in their thirties and forties. Yi also saw some old people with gray temples, and Zhou Yi guessed that they were the parents who came to see off the examinees, so he didn't care.

    As for Zhou Yi, who left the examination room at the age of ten, there were only a few students from Bailu Academy and Qingyun Academy, and there were no more than a dozen people in total.

    At the sixth watch, the sky was completely bright.

    "Line up, line up to enter the examination room." At this time, a yamen servant stood in front of the gate and shouted loudly.

    "Liulang, don't be nervous, it's fine as usual." Zhou Er Er patted Zhou Yi on the shoulder and told him. Zhou Yi felt the slightly trembling hands on his shoulders, and smiled: "Well, I will take the exam well, and I won't be nervous, dad, don't worry." Guang'an County is a big county, and it is also a land of imperial examinations

    . There were more than 1,500 people who came to take part in the test. In order to facilitate management, the yamen divided these candidates into five queues and lined up at the five entrances for inspection.

    To Zhou Yi's surprise, the gray-haired old man who he thought was here to see off the students was also an examinee. Zhou Yi sighed, saying that Laotongsheng, Laotongsheng, some people passed the county examination and government examination in one fell swoop, but failed in the courtyard examination many times, until Baibeard fluttered and was still struggling to be a scholar.

    I didn't expect that there would be such a young candidate in just one county exam before he was a child! !

    Looking at the old grandfather who walked in front of him tremblingly, Zhou Yi deeply suspected that he already had presbyopia, so he could still read the exam papers clearly and hold his pen steadily! It's really endless, and the struggle is endless.

    In order to prevent entrainment and cheating in the imperial examination, the examination is very strict. I heard that before entering the examination room, candidates will be stripped and bathed, and some marks on their bodies will be rubbed several times. Not adopted.

    Zhou Yi watched the examinees at the front of their queue being torn in half by the yamen servants. Even the padded clothes would be cut to see if there was something hidden inside, let alone their bodies. There were three pieces of food at each entrance. A government servant, like passing a checkpoint, everyone will check it again.