193

Chapter 193 The New Emperor

    After Zhou Yi left, as the emperor's condition worsened, the entire court was cast in a shadow. Seeing that the emperor was about to die, the princes and their supporters had already put the battle on the table.

    On the sixth day after Zhou Yi left, the fourth prince was stabbed to death on his way back to the imperial temple for Emperor Chongzheng Qi Fu!

    There was a sudden panic in the court.

    Emperor Chongzheng was already ill and could only stay awake for more than four hours a day. For such a big event, even if the emperor was seriously ill, the people below would not dare to conceal it. She was almost crazy, and even started arguing directly in front of the seriously ill Emperor Chongzheng: "Your Majesty, you must make the decision for the fourth prince. The person who killed him is in this palace, and he can do such a cruel thing to his own brother. If you want to be an emperor, go ahead and dream your dreams!!!"

    The second prince's mother and concubine directly stood up and scolded: "The emperor is not in good health and needs to rest. Concubine Xiao is making such a fuss and disturbing the emperor's peace. Her heart can be punished, come and take her down!"

    Since the Second Prince did not have the official title of crown prince, Emperor Chongzheng had always asked him to act as the crown prince, and now that Emperor Chongzheng was seriously ill, it seemed the most likely The second prince is in the top position, and the palace people naturally have no time to curry favor with the second prince, and they also obey the words of the second prince, mother and concubine.

    Concubine Xiao was taken away quickly, and the huge bedroom became quiet again.

    At this time, Emperor Chongzheng is very likely to become a heir, and it is naturally impossible for the adult princes to miss such a critical moment, wishing to be by Emperor Chongzheng's side every day.

    "Cough..." Finally, Emperor Chongzheng let out a weak cough from within Huang Xun.     The princes and concubines rushed to the bedside of Emperor Chongzheng, and from a little distance away, they shouted

    "Earthly": "Your Majesty (Father)."

, the six ministers...tomorrow...tomorrow at Chenshi come to the bedroom..."

    Although the emperor's voice was weak, the princes and concubines still heard it. Everyone's heart was tense, but at the same time, they were extremely looking forward to it. There are only a few adult princes. Now that the fourth child is gone, it is difficult to ensure that the emperor will be elected. His heir is not himself (son).

    That night, not to mention how many undercurrents there were in the capital, the next day, Elder Ge and the six ministers went to Emperor Chongzheng's bedroom together.

    The princes are also looking forward to it in their own mansions, and they all know that if they are announced into the palace by imperial decree today, it means that Emperor Chongzheng has chosen someone to be the next emperor.

    At a moment's notice, the Fifth Prince's Mansion ushered in the eunuch who made a noise in the palace. The Fifth Prince accepted the imperial edict respectfully and calmly, and immediately entered the palace.

    And this news was soon known by other princes who were paying attention all the time.

    There was a clatter in the second prince's mansion, and the inkstone on the desk was thrown into a big vase, making a loud bang. The second prince gritted his teeth with a gloomy face and said, "Royal father, you forced me to do this yourself." Fortunately, he listened to his uncle's suggestion and made arrangements early.