chapter 18

Chapter 18 Contract

    The case of Landlord Qian has been a hot topic in Guang'an County for a while. When Zhou Er heard someone talking about Landlord Qian's case, he immediately sat back down.

    "Who doesn't know about such a big thing." Another person answered.

    "Hey, it's really miserable. Half of the property was confiscated, and half of the property went to Wang Ju's family. Landlord Qian will go to jail. Landlord Qian's family was kicked out of the house by the Yamen yesterday. Now they are penniless and living in a ruined temple. What?"

    Zhou Yi thumped the table angrily when he heard this, and Wang Yan hurriedly looked at him: "His father..."

    Zhou Yi knew that his guess had come true. The purpose of the trick was to make money for the landlord's property, and the county magistrate took the benefits and worked hand in hand with Wang Ju's family.

    Why are Wang Juren so unscrupulous, because they have the backing of officials in the capital.

    Zhou Laoer calmed down for a while, and then said: "I'm fine, let's go back." He is just a small man, no matter how angry he is, he can't change anything.

    Old man Li also heard the conversation between the two just now, and sighed all the way back. Landlord Qian is a well-known big landlord in Guang'an County. Because the rent is always 10% less than others, he has a good reputation. There are many people in the village. I rented out the land of the landlord's family.

    "Landlord Qian has suffered a disaster, and I don't know who will buy the land. I hope the new owner will not be too harsh, otherwise those in the village who have no land will have a hard time.

    " Frowning, Wang Yan directly asked Wang Yan to take 100 Wen and hand it over to Shang Fang. Wang Yan was scolded again by Zhou's mother.

    After Mr. Li returned to the village, he really told the story of what happened to Landlord Qian. Many people in the village have rented the land owned by Landlord Qian. Hearing the news, they were very anxious, and they didn't know who the land would fall into. In the hands of ordinary landlords, ordinary landlords charge 50% of the rent, while money landlords only charge 40%.

    The tenants in the village all hope that the new owner can also maintain the income. But the waiting news made the tenants in the village unacceptable.

    On the third day after Zhou Yi and the others returned to the village, a horse-drawn carriage suddenly came to the village, and a steward wearing a brand-new robe led two servants to gather the tenants in the village on the grain drying dam of the village.

    "I'm the second steward of Wang Ju's family. I'm here today to tell you that Qian Li murdered people because of fraudulent medicinal materials. Now the land belongs to our Wang family. If you want to continue renting and farming, you have to sign a new contract with the Wang family." contract."

    The tenants looked at each other in blank dismay, they didn't really care who the landlord was, the only thing they cared about was the rent.

    Someone boldly asked: "Then Steward Wang, how do you collect this rent?"

    Steward Wang looked at these mud legs with a contemptuous expression and said, "Sixty percent."

    "What?"

    "How can this be done?"

    " Isn't this forcing us to die?"

    "Butler Wang, the landlords used to only charge 40% of the rent. Besides, other landlords also only charge 50% of the rent. You... you charge 60% of the rent, what do you want us big guys to do? Steward Wang

    yelled: "If you don't plant, you will take it back immediately. Now you have to sign the contract with the tenants     .

    "

Spring plowing, the land of other landlords’ homes has been rented out, and they are asked where to find land tenants. In the past, the rich landlords collected 40% of the rent, and they could exchange some money for the rations they saved, but now they have suddenly lost 20% of the grain, and I am afraid that they will not even be able to fill their stomachs this year.

    It would be difficult to continue to tenant the land. If you didn’t, you would definitely starve to death. Even if you didn’t want to, the tenants still signed the contract with a bitter face.

    "Xing, the people suffer, and death, the people suffer." In the prosperous age, the people in this world are just trying to fill their stomachs. This is the suffering of living. Andy couldn't do it.

    When Zhou Yi looked at the sky, he always felt that it was gray, as if even sunlight could not penetrate it.

    This matter has aroused heated discussions in the village. There are only a small number of people who can have enough land in the village without renting and planting, so the atmosphere in the village is very heavy during this period.

    It seemed that even the children were affected by this atmosphere, and they were not as noisy as before.

    However, the Zhou family was completely unaffected by this matter because Mr. Zhou got a good wife. Spring plowing came, which was a top priority for a farming family, and the Zhou family was no exception.

    The whole Zhou family was mobilized. Except for Zhou Laosan's family, all the Zhou family members who could work had to go to the fields.

    In the past, every time this time came, the second room, apart from Zhou Yi, would go to the fields with five girls and six girls, and Zhou's mother took a daughter-in-law to cook in turn.

    Mr. Zhou said to Mrs. Zhou: "Tomorrow you take your eldest daughter-in-law to cook, and the rest of you will go to the field with me as usual." The school had a busy farming holiday, so they had to go to the fields, but he and Mr. Zhou would do some light women's work when they went to the fields, such as throwing seeds, pulling weeds, etc., and they were treated the same as five ya and six ya.

    The second room is all down to the farm except Zhou Yi, and the fourth room has two children who are still young, so naturally they don't need it.

    Everyone didn't think there was any problem, but Wang Yan said at this time, "Father, Erya and Sanlang don't need to go to the field?"

    Li Ermei's eyes flickered when she heard this: "Second brother and sister, what are you talking about, Erya is older? How can I go to the field, Sanlang is still young..."

    Zhou Shu heard Wang Yan grabbing her, and stared at Wang Yan with hatred, as if she was about to spew fire.

    Now that Wang Yan has said it, she won't give up so easily: "Sister-in-law, Erya is older, and Daya is one year older than her. You said Sanlang is younger, are there five and six younger? He and Liuya went to the field the year before last, Sanlang is seven years old, and he is still a boy, why can't he go to the field!" "You..."

    Li Ermei had nothing to say when she was squeezed by Wang Yan, she couldn't figure it out, Why did the couple in the second room suddenly have a crush on a few girls.

    "Second Aunt, can Daya and Sanya compare with me? I will marry to the city to be a young mistress in the future, and they are destined to be mud legs in the future." After speaking, she looked at Daya and Sanya with disdain.

    Big Ya fell silent, Sanya pinched her hands and blushed with anger.

    Li Ermei hastily patted Zhou Shu. She usually taught her daughter these words in private, but this girl was so stupid that she said it in front of others.

    "Second brother, second younger sister, don't listen to this girl's nonsense..."

    Zhou Er Er threw the wood in his hand on the ground with a loud bang: "Okay, very good, I didn't expect our old The mud-legged members of the Zhou family even raised a Miss Jiao..." The second son of Zhou fixed his gaze on the eldest and his wife Zhou, "Brother, I'm afraid you think the same way." "Second brother, it

    's This girl is talking nonsense, how can you listen to a child?" Zhou Laoer rubbed his hands and said anxiously.