152

Chapter 152 A Letter

    It's not that Guang'an County has produced talented people, but at Zhou Yi's age, to achieve such an official position, and to be favored by the emperor, to hold such an important position in the imperial court, not to mention Guang'an County, even the whole of Da Yue would not be able to find him. . If Zhou Yi continues to develop according to this momentum, he will be able to enter the cabinet to worship the prime minister just around the corner.

    That's why the big and small officials and gentry of Guang'an County welcomed Zhou Yi back to his hometown in such a grand manner.

    Zhou Yi stepped down from the cabin and looked at the magistrate of Guang'an County at the front. It was no longer Li Boyong, but a new face.

    When Zhou Yi stepped off the boat, the county magistrate hurriedly stepped forward and said respectfully, "Your Majesty Feng Qilun, welcome Mr. Zhou back to his hometown."

    Zhou Yi nodded with a smile: "Master Feng, please welcome Mr. Feng. However, Guang'an County is my hometown, and I went back to my hometown only to worship my ancestors. This battle is really big, and the fathers and villagers may be tired, so let them go." Feng Qilun said quickly: "Don't be tired, don't be tired,

    Zhou Your Excellency is my pride in Guang'an, and it is a great honor for everyone to welcome Master Zhou back to his hometown."

    Zhou Yi listened, his smile remained unchanged, and he looked at Feng Qilun without speaking.

    Feng Qilun's heart sank, it seems that he didn't get any flattery, he thought that Zhou Yi must like publicity at such a young age, but now it seems that he guessed wrongly.

    Afraid that Zhou Yi would get angry, Feng Qilun hurriedly dismissed the others, and said to Zhou Yi anxiously: "Master Zhou, you are tired from the journey, and my subordinates have prepared a little wine to cleanse you and your father.

    " Looking at it from behind, he was very proud, this is their son, and their son has grown to the point where even the county magistrate needs to be respectful in front of him.

    Zhou Yi laughed and said, "Master Feng, I'm sorry to bother you, but the banquet will be skipped for the time being. My family members are a little tired. Let's talk about cleaning up the dust in a few days." Feng Qilun felt excited when he heard this, he thought Zhou Yi

    would I refused to feel it, but I didn't expect to leave room. This represented Zhou Yi's willingness to contact him.

    "Yes, yes, it's because I didn't think carefully, and I hope Mr. Zhou will forgive me. Mr. Zhou is so considerate of his family, I really feel ashamed..." Feng Qilun is close to fifty, and in terms of age, he can almost be Zhou Yi's grandfather. But now in front of Zhou Yi, an old face almost looked like a grandson with a smile.

    Zhou Yi, who has seen this kind of flattering and flattering official a lot, didn't take it seriously, just nodded his head slightly, and after exchanging greetings with County Magistrate Feng, he took his family back to the village.

    I don't know what Feng Qilun's abilities are as an official, but he is indeed a good hand in terms of winking, so he hurriedly arranged for a sedan chair and carriage, knowing that Zhou Yi doesn't like publicity, so he went to see him off without any fanfare.

    Sitting in the sedan chair, Zhou Yi lifted the curtain of the sedan chair to open everything along the way. Since he started studying, he used this road to go back and forth between the county town and his home every day. Seeing you today, I can’t help feeling sad and cherished, and the past scenes came to my mind. , Things that he thought he had forgotten, turned out to have been engraved into his bones unconsciously.