163

Chapter 163

    There was no further news from Zhou Yi, so these people had no choice but to go back home.

    In the past few days, the capital has really gathered high-profile customers from all over the world.

    In an inn, almost all the Yu merchants lived, and they were gathering together at this time. Originally, the opening of the sea trade by the imperial court should be a joyful thing for the Yu merchants, but at this time their faces were full of joy. Deep melancholy.

    "Hey, it's not just us who specialize in business this time. Many aristocratic families are ready to take a share. How can our little energy compare to them!" Someone sighed, yes, this is what they are worried about. s reason.

    Because the money from the border trade has already made everyone salivate, if it weren't for the fact that Zhou Yi's methods were too tough and there were no loopholes in the management of the Commerce Department, those powerful families would have been ready to intervene in the border trade.

    Before, it was because they were not optimistic about the border trade, and they always felt that Zhou Yi was going to finish playing, and they guarded the land they had accumulated without paying taxes to the court, so how leisurely they lived.

    However, this situation has quietly changed since the Ministry of Commerce opened the border trade, and with the booming development momentum of the border trade.

    Although aristocratic families or wealthy country gentry have enclosed a lot of land, there must be someone to plant these lands. In the past, farmers had no second way out. No matter how much these landlords exploited them, they had to accept it.

    However, with the development of border trade, many new small workshops came into being, and those big businessmen also needed many workers. Zhou Yi also provided preferential conditions for these workshops to hire refugees, and many places even found people to work everywhere. Farmers who did not own land found that they had another way to go, and the money they got from working was much more cost-effective than working hard on the land and possibly not being able to fill their stomachs.

    For the first time, those landlords who hoarded a large amount of land discovered that even if Zhou Yi did not reform the tax system on the surface, it seemed that they did not violate their interests, but judging from the current results, they really suffered a big loss .

    In order to find farmers, they had to lower the rent again and again, from 60% before to 40% now.

    This is such a bloody result. They took all precautions at the beginning, just to prevent Zhou Yi from taking the land tax, but they didn't expect to be in such a situation now.

    This made the wealthy families who encircled a large amount of land feel chills! This is the result that Zhou Yi himself did not expect when the matter developed in such a way? Or did Zhou Yi know from the beginning that such consequences would happen, but he dug a hole early for them to jump into it foolishly? In vain, they still thought it didn't matter to open border trade at that time, and they wanted to see Zhou Yi's jokes, who the hell read whose jokes!

    In Zhou Yi's eyes, they are a bunch of fools! ! !

    And now that the vigorous sea trade is about to start again, they have already missed the opportunity to start border trade. With a big pie like sea trade in front of them, they can't bear it anymore.