🍼Callum Ilott - Karts

Callum smiled as his little boy walked around the ferrari in awe. Callum had somehow managed to convince both you and your son Liam to go to a race that he'd be reserve driver for due to one of the drivers having a medical issue. "Look at how he looks at that car." Callum said excitedly. "Callum, he's a child that loves racing. Of course he's going to love the car." You replied hugging his side. Callum watched on as a few mechanics showed his son the car and what parts do what. "Look at him. He'll fly by in karting." Callum mused. You looked back at him with a questioning look. "What?" he asked in regards to your look. "Callum, we're not getting him a kart." you said seriously. "Yet." he added. You shook your head. "Callum, we're not getting him a kart."

Callum couldn't believe what he was hearing. You were tthee one that loved the idea of bringing him to races when he was older, why the sudden change of tone? "Why?" he asked. "Callum, he could crash. I just about get by you crashing, what's gonna happen when he crashes?" Callum thought for a while but hesitantly answered. "He'll learn from it and I can help him too." You clenched your jaw and looked at your little child. "Callum, I can't even imagine how it feels to have a son racing. So many people have been hurt, even killed. I don't want that for our son. I don't want- I can't." Callum couldn't even imagine what you were feeling. Here was this woman that was so in love with racing and now she almost hated it. He didn't like what he was going to do but he just wanted her to see how much Liam wanted to race. "Hey Liam, buddy. Come here for a second." Y/n looked at Callum strangely. "What are you playing at?"

"Liam, do you want to race when you get older, when your big like me?" Callum asked. You held your breath. Of course he wanted to race, almost every young boy wants to race when they're little. "Yup! I wanna race the red car!" Your heart beats quickened at his words. "I know baby but don't you think it's dangerous?" you asked him. Liam shook his head. "So you don't think you'll crash?" Liam thought for a minute and shook his head. "I will crash but I'll be careful. I promise." You let out à sigh and looked over to Callum. "Okay, you can have a kart if you promise me that you'll be super careful, super, super careful." Callum smiled as Liam jumped and hugged your legs. "I promise mummy, I'll be careful. I promise." Liam ran back into the ferrari garage, leaving you and Callum. "See? It only makes sense."

"I hate this already." You muttered. "Hey look, whatever happens, we're here with him and he did make a promise." You nodded and smiled. "Yeah, what's the worst that could happen?"