💔Callum Ilott - Escalated Part 1

Callum walked into the paddock with a fierce look of determination on his face with his girlfriend Kate while his friend Y/n stood behind him a bit shaken up from his crash yesterday. He clipped the curbs and he psun into the wall at. A very high speed. He was okay but Y/n was utterly concerned. "Callum, maybe you should just sit this race out." she suggested as Callum suited up. "What? Why would I?" he scoffed playfully. "Callum, you crashed out in practise and you missed qualifying. You only did one lap on this track and you didn't even make turn nine." Callum nodded his head. "It's understabdable-"
"So you're going to sit this weekend out?" she asked almost relieved. "Oh no. You can't stop me from driving. I'm still going to drive."

"What are you trying to prove? The doctor literally recommended that you don't race for today." Callum knotted his eyebrows at her. "What's gotten into you? You love it when I race." Y/n twiddled her thumbs. "Are you scared of losing me? Is that what this is about? You won't lose me."
"It's not like I already have so there's you're theory out the window." Callum just stared at her. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I did lose you. I lost you before and I just don't like it when I lose you." her face fell down to the ground to try and oviod looking at him but he made her look back. "So what? What do you mean? We've been best friends since we were kids and we haven't been apart whatsoever." He was laughing lightly as if she was joking but then when he finished his sentence and looked into her eyes, he finally understood. "No way." His face dropped as she nodded. "Y/n, what? Why didn't you tell me? I've got a girlfriend! She's right over there!"

"You don't think I know that?" she yelled. Callum felt like a child being given out to. "Callum, you leave me weeks at a time and I always, always miss you and missing someone is a horrible feeling, but knowing that they don't miss you back is so, so much worse." she felt her heart taking the wheel and talking instead. Her brain had enough, it couldn't comprehend any of this. "Callum Ilott, you broke my heart but I still love you with every single broken piece that I have left to offer." Kate must have heard the commotion because she decided to walk over and investigate. "What's going on?" she asked delicately. "Nothing Kate. It's absolutely-"
"Y/n loves me." Y/n felt her heart break again. "What? Y/n, is this true?" Y/n looked over to Callum, hatred burning in her eyes. "You bastard. You're good at breaking things aren't you? Cars, trust, my heart. You can go and fuck right off Callum Ilott because I'm done, completely finished with you." Y/n fled the tent with stream of tears pouring down her cheeks. She couldn't stand to be there for another second.

"Y/n! Come back! Y/n!" She kept running. No one could possibly stop her. He felt a hand on her wrist pulling her back. "Y/n let's just talk-"
"Alright Callum, let's talk. Love, its a shitty thing. It really is because I just fell in love with you. I didn't know what love felt like before you came along but now thanks to you, I also know what a broken heart feels like." He didn't like how she was talking. Why of all times did she have to tell him now? "I don't know why you're blaming me-"
"I didn't! I am blaming myself for literally everything. I couldn't blame you because in my head you could never do anything wrong." she explained. "Oh what? Are you gonna just go on a rant just pulling quotes out of thin air?"

"I just look at you Callum and I remember that you used to be mine." Callum clenched his jaw. Why was he getting so worked up about this? "I remember all the memories we shared together and all the times we laughed. I remember when we used to have a movie night and you'd hold me and wouldn't speak, just look into each other's eyes. I remember how you'd make me smile from absolutely nothing and then, back then I felt at home but now? I feel like some sort of imposter. I don't feel like I belong there anymore but I want to, I want to so i stay hoping and praying that one day it will change but it won't." Callum had enough. He didn't want to see her crying anymore and in a moment full of heartbreak and passion, his mind thought the only logical thing to do was to get her to leave. "Y/n, you can fight for someone who loves you. That's absolutely fine but to fight for someone to love you is a completely different story." And then in that moment, the final broken pieces broke. "So you don't love me. All those hangouts, all those everythings, it didn't mean anything?" she croaked. "Not in the way you wanted it to." he replied. "Then I have to go Callum."

"Don't leave."

"Don't drive this race."

"You know I have to."

"Then there's my answer."

"Y/n, we can talk more about it after the race." Callum was pleading at this point. He realised he shouldn't have said he didn't love her, he did. She meant a lot to him. "I won't be there by the time you finish." she replied. "But I have to race." Y/n just smiled sadly. "Then I guess you have a decision to make." Callum watched as she walked away and in that moment he made a decision.

----------------------

"Congratulations on the podium babe. That was an amazing drive." Kate beamed kissing his cheek. "Yeah. Can't wait to show Y/n the trophy." but little did he know, Y/n was already on the plane home. The only trace of her left in the hotel was a bit of paper.

Even though I saw it coming, it still hurts. Well done on the podium, hope it was worth it...
~ Y/n