❤️Max Verstappen - Boss' Daughter Part 2

Max sat examining the young Horner girl as she worked away. Christian of course noticed this and didn't like it one single bit. "Keep it in your trousers." Christian muttered to Max, catching him off guard. "Was it out?" Max replied boldly. "Stop staring at her, she's not yours to look at." Christian said returning to the data. "And who might that be?" Max asked leaning against the counter. "Definitely not you, that's for sure. I don't exactly trust you in the 'keeping a girlfriend' department, Max." Max rolled his eyes, hoping Christian didn't see him and thankfully he didn't. "You didn't answer my question though, who is allowed to look at her?" Christian turned around, his blood boiling. "Her boyfriend for one." Max felt intimidated now. She had a boyfriend? He couldn't help but feel the jealousy surge through his veins. He'd only known her a month but he really liked her yet never in that month that they spoke, did she mention a boyfriend.

"Alright, I'll stay away then." Max said zipping up his suit and preparing to get into the car. He was about to get in but looked at her, laughing at something someone had said. His heart fluttered aff the sight of her. He had to at least tell her. "I'll be back in a minute. Need the bathroom." Max explained to his race engineer. He jogged back to the hospitality and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil to write something. "What was that song again? The one she really likes?" he said to himself. He began writing the lyrics to the best of his ability, knowing he was failing them but hoping she didn't mind.

I see the crystal raindrops fall,
And the beauty of it all,
Is when your smile comes shining through
To make those raindrops in my mind,
And I think of you all the time
And I want to spend some time with you
Just the two of us...

He folded the paper and walked back to the garage, slightly nervous about what he was about to do. He walked closer to Y/n who was writing away. Max got close enough to drop the piece of paper on her folder. The paper caught her attention so she picked it up and looked around at who would possibly drop the paper and saw Max looking back at her. She smiled warmly as she opened it up and read the lyrics to Just The Two Of Us badly written, but it's the thought. She chuckled and grabbed a pen and rewrote the lyrics for him. Max was busy fixing stuff inside his cockpit and awaiting the instructions to go out. He felt a tapping on his helmet and looked up to see Y/n holding a piece of paper for him. He took it, looking confused and opened it. He read it and smiled to himself. "You always have to correct me don't you?" he asked. Y/n nodded. "Hopefully I don't have to correct you during the race." Max chucked as he slid the folded paper into his glove.

Max went out and drove but he wasn't driving for himself this time, he was driving for someone, someone special and important. She was in the Red Bull garage minding her business and watching the race, cheering for him like everyone else in there. Last few laps, Max took the lead from Valterri. Last lap, Max crosses the line P1. "And Max Verstappen wins the Singapore Grand Prix!" Crofty announced. The Red Bull garage went insane. Cheers, screams and everything was shared in between. "Max Verstappen, you've done it! You've won!" Christian said through the radio. "We'll see you in Parc Fermé mate!" Thee team ran to parc fermé to meet the winner. Max hopped out of the car and set eyes upon his crew. He ran up to them sharing their excitement, amongst them, Y/n. Max looked over at the girl and smiled to himself. He signalled for her to come over with his hands, she didn't need a second opportunity, one was enough. She climbed through the small crowd and got to the front. Not even a second passed when she was engulfed in a hug from Max. "Well done. You did very well." she said while still in the hug. "I think I had some luck." Max said taking off his gloves and showing her the piece of paper she gave him before the race.

"Look, I know you have a boyfriend but-" Y/n looked at him with furrowed brows. "Boyfriend, huh?" Y/n asked glaring over at her dad who was unboudbtedly listening. "Yeah, your dad said-" His words cut out after hearing her dad. Sly little bastard. He watched on grinning. His plan was working. Notice how I said 'was'. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go out for dinner. Just you and me." She smiled at the very idea of it. "I'd love to." she replied. "I- really?" he asked. She nodded in reply. Max was a bit surprised. "Look Max, I hate to admit it, but I've seen how you look at her, you like her a lot. If you wanna, I'll give you permission to take my daughter out." Max hid his toothy smile with a more...normal smile. "Thank you Christian. I'll have her back by one. You have my word." Christian smiled. "Good to hear butt one thing Max." he said pulling Max in a bit closer. "keep it in your bloody trousers!" Christian jokeed, walking away. "Dad!" Y/n squealed out of sheer embarrassment. "Sure thing for my future father in law." Max joked but received dead silence from Christian.

"Silence, you're getting the cold shoulder already." Y/n said placing her hands around Max's shoulders. "I won't let you be silent, not tonight anyway." Y/n moved away and slapped his chest playfully. "Max Verstappen ! I expected more than tthose jokes!" He chuckled and pulled your face in closer. "Well that was your first mistake, falling for me."