💔Mick Schumacher - Be Around Me

Little Miss Y/n Barrichello closed the hotel room door behind her and slid down until she hit the floor. The smile she saw in the reflection of the mirror opposite of her looked so forced, so fake and its because it was. She just couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't keep this smile on anymore, it was hurting her cheeks and her soul. Her bottom lip trembled as the smile turned into a frown and the tears poured down her face, staining her cheeks with mascara and shirt with darkened droplets. She gasped for air, feeling like she was drowning in her own tears.

Her best friend Mick had recelty gotten back with his ex, the girl that dumped him for someone else just before the Monza qualifying in 2020 and the worst part? It was on text. It Tore him up but he just kept on smiling to avert everyone's attention but not Y/n. She saw through the smile and knew something was wrong. He kept insisting he was fine but then everything just came out after qualifying when he crashed. It was too much, he couldn't even think of anything but the breakup. Y/n followed him into his hotel room and he just broke down and spilled everything to her. Although he was heartbroken, he still went and won the damn race. She remembers watching him lift his trophy up, looking so happy but she was absolutely shattered. She stayed up all night to make sure he was alright and when he woke up, she just pretended she woke up a few minutes prior.

She also remembers when Mick got back with his ex a few weeks ago. He came in with a smile on his face and holding her hand. Y/n didn't know what to do. Was it his ex that stayed up with him? No. Was it his ex that stayed around just to make sure he slept easy? Absolutely fucking not! She was his type, a 10/10. She was the ideal girlfriend from the outside looking in but once you were behind the scenes, it was obvious they didn't love each other really. She relived the memories.

She froze upon hearing the words come from his mouth. "Oh my god, did he call her baby?" she asked herself. Her world was crumbling to pieces and she didn't know how to fix it. She forced a smile and acted as if she was alight because Mick said he always liked her smile. So there she sat listening to the pair as their cutesy nicknames kept coming, each feeling like a kick to the stomach. She looked at Mick's eyes and instantly felt at ease. She relaxed a bit so she simply looked at his eyes for the entirety of the conversation.

Y/n's breath quickened as she felt the pain growing at a concerning rate. She was panicking now. Usually Mick would be around to help her but at the moment, he was with his girlfriend. She closed her eyes and searched through her memories of Mick's eyes and that's where the problem got worse. She forgot the exact shade of blue his eyes were, the very depth of his soul that his eyes held, she forgot it all. There she sat suffering, sobbing loudly and having to cover her mouth to muffle and silence the sounds.

She tried to fight the urge to remember but the memories were far too strong. She stood up and went to run a bath so maybe then if someone asked why her eyes were red hot, she could say she just got shampoo or something in her eyes but the chances of someone coming in was pretty slim since Mick was out with his girlfriend. She looked at herself in the mirror and let out a sigh. What was she doing wrong? She had stampedes of men running after her 24/7 and she stuck with liking the one man that didn't like her that way. Why was it like this? It was just fucked up.

Mick smiled to himself as he took his keys out. He hadn't been this happy with someone since...ever really. He pushed through the door and looked around, silence being the loudest thing in the room. "Y/n? Where are you?" Mick walked around the apartment and into her room, seeing some of her clothes sprawled over her bed. She was having a bath. He walked to the bathroom door and knocked. "Y/n?"

She jumped up in surprise. What was he doing back here? She quickly brought a towel to her eyes and dried them. They were soaked after she was crying for so long. "Oh shit-" she muttered. "Hello?" Mick smiled. "Hey, I'm back from the date." Y/n tensed up. Why was he back so early? "Did something go wrong? You're back two hours before you said you were coming back." she asked quickly. "Her mother called her, family emergency." Mick explained. "How was it?" she asked pained. Mick grinned nd continued on about how everything went so well. How they had their dinner, how they laughed, and how at the end of the dinner "I kissed her." She tensed up at those words. He actually kissed her. Why was she surprised? She knew he was with this other girl but she still had that little seed of hope in her mind that maybe he'd realise that she was in fact the one.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" She wiped her eyes. "Yeah, just sounds like a fairytale Mick." she chirped. Mick chuckled and stood up. "Well, I'm going to go to bed now but I'll talk to you in the morning, right?" Y/n let out a breath. "Goodnight Mick." she replied. She listened as the footsteps of Mick grew further and further away. She smiled lightheartedly and looked forward. She saw the pain in her eyes through the façade that was the ever so fake smile she had on her face. "Love you." she said through a voice crack.

A/N: this was actually a storyline I was going too use in my Mick book (minus the Barrichello) but it just didn't fit in so here it is for you guys as a one-shot!