❄️Daniel Ricciardo - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Xmas day 5

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in every store
But the prettiest sight to see
If the Holly that will be

On your own front door...

The snow fell delicately to the ground in Woking as the Ricciardo children  ran around, gawking into each and every toy shop window and their parents Daniel and Y/n walking right behind them. "Mummy! Look at that one!" The oldest child, Gracey gasped, pointing in at a huge doll. "Isn't she so lovely? You could write to Santa and ask for it maybe?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Or daddy could buy it for me now! He has loads of money! He drives cars mummy!" Both Daniel and Y/n's mouth hung open. "Where did you get the cheek, Gracey Ricciardo?" Daniel asked, picking her up in his arms. "Mummy says I'm just like you so maybe you?" He laughed at her witty response. "Come on,

"Gracey? Can you be careful with Joey please?" Y/n asked as she took the little boy from his pram. "I will mummy. I'm his big sister now!" She announced proudly, taking his mittne covered hands and leading him out a bit to teach him how to make snowballs. Daniel and Y/n walked behind them, smiling on. "Don't you just love the Christmas holidays?" Y/n asked as she linked arms with her husband. He let out a sigh. "I just can't wait for school to start again." Daniel whispered. Y/n slapped his chest lightly. "I'm messing with you." Daniel laughed. "You better be! I hate seeing them going every morning." Daniel pulled a face. "And why is that?" he asked."I don't know, it means I'm all alone because you're either at the factory or at races."

Daniel looked at her worried. Back before they had two kids, they were always free to do whatever they wanted. She always had Friday to Sunday off work so they could always go to races together but now they had the kids, they had a life built for them in England so to bring them to different places every week could mess with them but maybe, just maybe, it was time to bring them along for once. "Do you think you should start going back to races then?" She looked up at him. "Well, I'm not sure. I-" Y/n was interrupted by her husband yelping as he felt a snowball hit the back of his head, the water trickling down his back. She giggled as she saw his face all scrunched up. "Which one of you threw that?!" The two children began laughing and before they could answer, Daniel was chasing after them.

Y/n sat on the bench, with the pram. She watched her little family running around, laughing. Their laughs reached up to the heavens and filled the skies. It was a truly merry sound. She spotted her little boy, Joey waddling towards her in his blue coat and mittens. "Aw, what's wrong my baby?" she asked, picking him and hugging him. "Th-now." He replied. He meant to say snow but he had a slight lispe. "Aw, does my baby not like the snow?" he shook his head. "Aw. Poor baby." she cradled him before looking back to Gracey and Daniel. He began rolling a lump of snow, presumably to make a snowman. "Look at that! Daddy and Gracey are going to make a snowman!" Joey looked over and blinked a few times before excitedly pulling away from his mother to run and join in building the snowman.

"Having fun?" she called over. Daniel showed her a mischievous grin. "Oh no, don't you dare!" She warned. Then, Daniel, Gracey and Joey charged at her with huge snowballs in hand. She began sprinting like her life depended on it but eventually, she got tired and Daniel caught up to her. "No Daniel! No-" She shrieked as the snow slammed onto her head and drizzled trickled her back and to add insult to injury, she felt two mini snowballs attack her legs. "Daniel." she whined. "That wasn't nice." He helped her shake the snow off. "You're alright, you're alright. We're sorry." She shook her head. "That was shocking behaviour Daniel Ricciardo." she said. "Come on, we'll go home. It's freezing." Daniel suggested, picking up Joey and putting him in the pram and Y/n taking Gracey's hand to start their walk home.

Once they finally did reach home, Daniel and Y/n closed the door and felt at ease at the warmth of the house made them feel better already. "You look quite handsome in that coat." Y/n said, pulling him in by the collar of the black funnel neck coat. "I might wear this coat more often then darling." He grinned as his lips met hers in a soft kiss. "Aren't you just so considerate?" Daniel hummed in response. "I'm pretending to be Santa." She pecked his lips again. "That would make me Mrs Clause, wouldn't it?" He thought for a moment. "I don't know, I like the sound of Mrs Ricciardo better." Her heart rate quickened. "That was smooth." she chuckled. "It was. I had to think about it too." The pair burst into laughter.

"Come to the first race of the season with me." She let out a sigh. "What about the kids?" she asked. "Bring them too." She looked at him. "Are you sure?" He nodded and curled his arms around her waist. "Of course I am. There's nothing I'd love more." "Okay, we'll go." He smiled, still holding her close. "Oh look." He pointed up, showing off a piece of mistletoe hanging from the ceiling. "You know what that means." She nodded and slowly but surely leaned in further until their lips met. "I love you." Daniel whispered.

"I love you too."