🎶Max Verstappen - Honey, Honey

Dedicated to the bestie: Annahiddenstories

Max sat on the armchair beside his wife as he intertwined his fingers with hers. He felt content as he listened to his two little boys and theur little sister run around the home and looked over to his wife reading a book, her glasses settled on her nose as her eyes skimmed the page. "What book are you reading? It's a different one than last week." Max said gently. She smiled, letting out a soft chuckle before she looked up to him. "It doesn't take a week for me to read a book. I've probably read a good three while you were away." Max furrowed his eyebrows. "Is that all you do when I'm away?" He joked, rolling her wedding band around her finger. "Of course not. I just read when I'm in bed. I have to occupy myself in some way while you're not here." She replied. "Well I offered-"

"I'm not taking that offer. Its inappropriate and I don't want the kids walking in. It might have worked when we were younger but we've got three kids now Max." She said, returning to her book. He grinned as he remembered the good old times, before the children came along. He loved them, don't get me wrong but he did enjoy going to parties and doing stupid things with little to no consequences. Nowadays, he tries to keep his own kids from doing that. He sighed. "I suppose you're right. We're getting old." Y/n scoffed at his words. "Getting old? You're already old." Max's face twisted into a hurtful expression as Y/n beamed at him. Ever since she met him she looked at him the same way, with that same twinkle in her eyes.

"Anyway, you didn't answer. What are you reading? I'm interested." Y/n folded the book and showed him. Max looked focused as he examined the book. It was a Navy coloured leather book with the words "My 2022" on it. Max looked back to her. "Isn't that the year we met? Y/n nodded. "It is. I have a few crappy polaroids in here, like-" she paused as she shuffled through a few small pieces of paper before pulling one out. "The night me and my friends went drinking after the French Grand Prix." Max leaned in to have a look. Upon inspecting the photo, he saw about seven girls all dressed in different f1 merchandise, smiling as they posed in Turn 5 going into Turn 6. "Ooh! Ooh! And then this one!" Max looked at the same girls again but this time they were stood on the main straight of Monza as the sun set. "That was on Thursday. We got run out of the place after that photo."

"How did you go to two races in the same summer? You must have been doing overtime for that." Max laughed. "Two? No, no. We went to every race from June to September. We saved like crazy for like, six years." Y/n replied. "You went to every race in the summer?" Y/n nodded. "And then during the summer break, we went back home and when Spa turned around again, we left." The way she said it so simply made him confused. "The hotels must have been pricey, no?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't know. We borrowed my friends camper van for the summer and took turns driving." While Max still tried to comprehend it, the kids came bursting through the door, swinging about lightsabers their grandmother had bought them a while back. "Careful! You don't want me banning them for another week, do you?" They shook their heads. "Good. So calm down. You guys are going for a nap in a few minutes."

"Mama, what are you looking at?" Their youngest daughter Eline asked. She was a perfect mix of both Y/n and Max. She had Maxs eyes and fiery attitude, but Y/n's face. "I'm looking at some photos. Do you want to look too?" The three nodded. The twins, Leon and Johan sat curled up in their mother's arms while Eline hopped up onto her father's lap. Typical. Y/n started pulling more photos out, smiling as she remembered the good memories over and over. "This was Silverstone. Me and my friends sat at Copse. This photo was taken before the race. My friends and I enjoyed it anyway." Max's face changed to one of disgust. "I'm joking." She reassured him. "Oh yeah, you're hilarious with your polaroids from a four pound camera."

Y/n flicked through a few more polaroids, explaining what each meant. That was until Leon grabbed the book itself and found his own way through different pages. "What does all this mean, Mama?" He asked. "Well it's like a diary. I wrote everything about my travel in it." She said, gently taking it from him. "For example;"