🎶George Russell - Perfect

You held your head in your hands as you watched George lie down in the grass. His first points was something you thought you'd celebrate but they were forgotten about because George actually had a chance to not only get points, but also win so he obviously didn't want to celebrate. You decided to walk out back and look for him and surely enough you did. He sat up panting and drenched in sweat, looking absolutely gutted. "George?" George looked up when he heard your voice and smiled softly. He walked over to you and whispered into your ear. "Darling, I need to go somewhere where no-one else is." You nodded and walked back with him to his driver room.

You sat down on the sofa and watched him as he scurried around the room putting his stuff away. "Are you doing alright?" you asked. George huffed. "No but what can I do?" He said making his life form into a flat line almost. "You can stop blaming yourself for one." you piped up. "Itt wasn't your fault you had to pit three times." George walked back over to you and sat down beside you. "But I let everyone down." You're heart was aching for him as he blamed himself for everything that went wrong. "George, its alright. Its not the end of the world. You'll get other opportunities for podiums." George lay his head down on your lap and looked up to you. "I don't know. If I gave a performance like that, why would any team want me?" Okay, this was kind of getting annoying now.

You grabbed your phone and turned on Spotify, looking for one of George's favourite songs. "Here we go." You smiled looking at the song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. "Right, bare with me for one second." Saying that George was confused was understatement. He really hadn't a clue. You grabbed his Mercedes jacket and threw it on over your shoulders and tidied your hair into the cap too before you sauntered over to George and sat next to him. "What on earth are you doing?" he asked. "Sorry about my friend. He tends to tell everybody that I'm a driver. I think it's to make himself look better or something." you said in your best George voice. George looked confused but realised quickly that it was probably one of the very first things he ever said to you. You were going to recreate the night you first met. "But yeah, I just finished Silverstone today. Great track. Didn't do too well but hey, gotta take it one race at a time." George grinned at the impression. "Are you seriously doing this?" You nodded. "Love this song. Don't you? It's a banger."

"Yeah, it's alright. Don't know why they're playing it." George responded, reciting the very words you had said the night you met. "Dunno either. How about we go and dance?" George pretended he had long hair and pushed the invisible strand behind his ear. "I can't dance and besides, I don't know who you are." he said. You broke character slightly by his actions but quickly jumped back in. "I'm George Russell, ART driver for 2018." you said shaking his hand. "Y/n Y/l/n, student for....2018." George replied. "Now how about that dance?" You and George stood up and began swaying from side to side along with the music. You didn't speak a single word, you just danced hand in hand living in the moment. The song ended and you both sat back down. "So can I get your number?" you asked. "You've already got it you muppet!" George laughed. "Stick to the script!" you said. "Oh right, I don't know. Will I get a date out of it?" George asked. You smirked. "You'll be getting a date either way."

"And scene." George laughed. "What an actress." He said clapping his hands. "Wwhy thank you and I hope you don't mind but I'm going to keep this jacket because, damn it suits me." George chuckled at you. "You always make the situation better, don't you?" His eyes locked with yours as you were stuck in a loving gaze. "I tend to have that affect on people, especially you." you replied leaning your chin on the palm of your hand. "Well I love you for it and don't ever change, for my sake anyway." Your heart skipped a few beats whenever he told you he loved you so now wasn't any different. George began to close the gap between your lips when a knock came from the door, interrupting thee beautiful moment. "George? Ready for interviews now?" The Mercedes PR officer called in. George groaned and turned back to youu apologetically as if he was already saying sorry for having to go. "Well go on. I'm not going anywhere." you told him. George smiled and pecked your lips softly. "I'm counting on it. I'll see you later then." and with that he walked out of his driver room and went out to do his media stuff.