💔Dennis Hauger - If Or When

Breakups were always hard and there was no doubt about it. For Y/n it hurt on a different level mainly because Dennis didn't seem to care. Even though her friends would tell her that he did care deep down, he hid it well. This all happened after Dennis went to a house party with a few of his friends, a party Y/n didn't go to. She didn't mind him going to parties because she knew his friends wouldn't let him be stupid. During this party, a girl recognised him and asked for a photo so he just gave in and went looking to have a good night. While they were taking the photo, the girl leaned in and kissed his lips and snapping the picture at the exact moment she did. He didn't waste a second pushing her off and leaving. Y/n understood when Dennis told her. She got how girls worked but the way Dennis tried way too hard to kepp her convinced had her thinking that Dennis had done something.

"Okay! You've explained it and I said I trusted you! Now that you're defending yourself even when I've told you I trust you did nothing wrong makes me think that you actually did something with her!" Dennis threw his hands up in the air and let out a loud, annoyed groan. "But I didn't do anything!" he whined. "Oh my fucking god! I know! I've said I believed you and you rambled on and on about it!" Y/n said. "And now? Do you still believe me now?" Y/n nodded. "You're lying to me." Y/n's mouth fell open. "Did you just call me a liar?" Dennis held back his next words, not wanting to evoke anything. "Repeat your statement please." She stood up and walked towards him calmly. "Dennis, just repeat what you said." He let out a sigh and repeated what he had said. Y/n didn't go off, she just chuckled to herself, letting a tear roll down her cheek. "I would do many things Dennis, but lying isn't one of them."

"W-where are you going now?" He asked as she reached for her schoolbag. "I'm going. I'm not gonna stay here and have you accuse me of being a liar." and since then, they hadn't been the same.

They still followed each other and liked each other's posts. Texting from time to time but not too often. Things just went downhill. Her friends kept bombarding her with questions about the sudden distance between the two. She kind of just shrugged it off and pretended nothing was wrong until she was alone with Dennis at his house. They hadn't said other than hey and didn't even speak.

"Do you want some food ordered?" Y/n asked looking up from her phone. "No thanks babe." There was a silence in the room, the occasional sound of the buttons on his controller was the only sound in the room, until he spoke up. "Why aren't we talking?" he asked. Y/n blinked a few times before sh e shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, you tell me." she replied coldly. "Babe, is it over that girl that kissed me?"
"No! Well maybe- no actually." she stuttered. "Then what is it?" he asked setting his controller aside. "You were just so persistent of the fact that you didn't do anything, even though I said I believed you." Dennis didn't know what else to say. "It made me look suspicious." She nodded. "Dennis, I think we should-" He stopped her. He knew what she was going to say. He didn't want to lose her. "Y/n, no." he said standing up. "Dennis, this past month has been horrible-"
"We can make it better!"
"Dennis, just a break-"
"I don't want a break babe!"
"Dennis!"
"Y/n please!" his voice broke and he was practically on his knees begging. It broke her heart to see him this low or desperate.

"Look, as much as I myself hate to admit it," she paused to take a deep breath in. "you might not be the one and I'm not going to sit on my bed, crying that I'll never find my true love because I know he is out there somewhere. I'll sit on my bed crying a little because it isn't him, it isn't Dennis." She wiped a tear that fell from her eyes and stood up again. She went to walk away but felt a hand on hers. "If we can get back together, will we?" Y/n smiled sorrowfully. "If. That's a weird word, isn't it? It implies that it might not happen." He let her hand slip out of his and watched on, holding the tears in as he watched her walk away, out of his door and therefore, out of his life

Whether it was for forever, now that's a different story.