🍼Robert Shwartzman - Duty Calls

The deafening cries echoed all around the house but the baby monitor just seemed to amplify the sounds. The new parents Y/n and Robert were struggling with the baby's new sleeping schedule and now, it's there's too. Y/n stirred awake and sat up. It felt like a chore at this point but hey, the child needed feeding. She was about to stand up when she felt an arm pull her back down. "I'll get her, I'll get her." Robert croaked, practically tucking her back up. "But Robert-"
"No, you took care of her for nine months so now it's my turn." Robert said throwing a hoodie on. "I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter." she chuckled before turning back around and drifting off to sleep. She let out a content sigh as she felt a strand of hair from her face be lifted off. She was too lazy and too tired to move it so she felt relieved that Robert did it for her. To be completely honest, Robert had been an angel since the baby arrived. He made sure to take care of both of them, made sure they both got enough sleep and made sure there was nothing wrong at all.

Robert walked into the nursery and picked up the crying infant. "What's wrong my little princess?" he whispered as he bounced her up and down. "Your diaper isn't dirty so let's go get you something to eat." Robert brought her out to the kitchen and prepared the bottle in one hand while also calming her down in the the other. The bottle couldn't have taken longer at all. The milk either wasnt hot enough or too hot and he hated having to redo it but it was for the benefit of the little baby. Sure he wasn't as good as Y/n is with the baby but she needed a break. She desperately needed some proper sleep. "Now princess, here's your bottle." Robert fed the crying child but she soon calmed down and was even on her way to sleeping so he placed her on his chest and petted her back. He sat on the sofa and flicked through the stations landing on a cartoon channel and leaving it on. He hummed along to the theme songs as the episodes of different shows played but soon found himself getting sleepy. He didn't want the baby to wake up, not after all the effort he went to to make her sleep. So Robert just sucked it up and decided to just sleep on the couch fokr tonight.

Y/n woke up to the sound of rain pitter pattering against her window as well as the distant sound of cartoons. She turned around, a small smile on her face but soon to be turned to a frown realising the absence of her boyfriend in the bed. She sat up and opened up her curtains before walking out to the living room to see why cartoons were on this early in the morning. She turned around the corner and melted at the sight. Robert lay asleep on the sofa, a blanket over both him and the little sleeping creature on his chest both snoring softly. Y/n took this opportnity to snap an adorable photo of them just for the memories and went to prepare breakfast for her adorable little family out on the couch. Once Robert woke up, she knew for sure he wasn't going to hear the end of it from her.