💔Marcus Armstrong - Promises Part 1

Trigger Warning: mentions of dementia

"Far along?" Y/n looked beside her and over at a friendly looking elderly man with a walking stick. He was probably talking about her unmissable baby bump. "Oh, I'm just going on eight months." she replied with a smile. "Not too far now." Y/n nodded along and smiled. "Not far at all." she chuckled. "And is the dad being good to you?" She nodded her head and held back some tears. "He's as good as you can get." The man studied her face for a while and noticed that something was up so he decided to ask."You seem sad. Do you need to talk?" She let out a long exhale. "Well, my dad is a bit sick and I don't know how long I'll have left with him, I don't even know if he'll be able to see this little one arrive."

There was a bit of a silence before the man spoke up. "Well I think he's going to love this little one regardless of if he's there or not." She felt her heart warm up a little bit. She felt at home. "Yeah, maybe you're right." It was a few more minutes of small talk up tunil the bus arrived. Y/n stood up and walked towards the doors of the bus and looked back at the man who looked so confused. She let out a shakey breath and walked back to take his hand. "Come on Dad, we have to go now."

Marcus was cleaning soem dishes when he heard the door open and close. He smiled to himself knowing hwo it was. "Hey babe, how was it with your dad? Did you do anything(" He turned around and saw his girlfriend looking absolutely shattered. Something happened. "Babe, are you alright?" Marcus asked. Her eyes watered and her lip trembled. "He doesn't know who I am Marcus." He threw the tea towel aside and walked over to her quickly, pulling her into his chest as her handbag fell to the ground. "H-he completely forgot who I was. He treated me like a complete stranger." Marcus petted her hair and just listened to her as she explained absolutely everything. "I know it's hard babe, but the doctors did say this would happen." Y/n went numb. "So you're suggesting I just forget about it?" Marcus cupped her cheeks and lifted her face. "I'm not saying just forget about it. That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm just saying this was to be expected and I will be here with you every step of the way to help you through it." he paused and stared deeper into her eyes. "I promise."