🏎️Charles Leclerc - Strategy

Y/N sat looking through some information she had gotten from qualifying from both her drivers Charles and Carlos. Working with the Scuderia was a dream come true and she wore the crest with pride whenever she could. What made everything better was that her boyfriend Charles was their driver. It made the relationship easier since they were practically always together and who doesn't love being with their boyfriend? "So, what are we thinking of doing now?" Eduardo asked. Mattia let out a sigh as he watched two of his strategists working away. "Which one will secure a podium place?" he asked. Y/n scurried through her notes and handed Mattia a sheet. "This one. I think if we can make the tyres last for that little bit longer we can get that podium." Mattia nodded. "And mine with secure a top 5 finish." Eduardo said. Mattia looked at the two and nodded. "Okay, Charles can have the top 5 finish and Carlos can have the podium." Y/n and Eduardo nodded before Y/n collected her information and walking out to find the two drivers of the Scuderia.

Charles sat with Carlos playing chess. Both were quite good but they never really got which was better in all honesty. They were pretty matched but of course as drivers, one of them alway had to be better. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything boys." Y/n smiled. The pair looked up and waved at Y/n as she approached. "Ah hello mon cœur. Carlos Was just cheating at chess-"
"I was not! Stop lying to your girlfriend!" Carlos joked before moving his piece. "Whatever you say, she knows I would never lie to her." He took her hand in his and placed a soft kiss onto it, making Y/n blush lightly. "Okay mon cœur let's go talk about strategy." Charles beamed, throwing his arm around her shoulder. Y/n stepped back and shook her head when Charles looked at her funny. "Actually Charles, you have to go to Eduardo. I'm briefing Carlos today." Charles looked between the Spaniards and his girlfriend. "But you're always given the better strategy. Did you give it to Eduardo or?" Y/n let out a sigh. "Well Carlos performed better in qualifying and finished higher. We see a lot of potential for some big points tomorrow so we all agreed to give him the first strategy." Y/n smiled. Charles arched a brow at his girlfriend as she held a clip board in her hands. "You're really not giving me the other strategy?" he asked. "No, absolutely not. You've got a different one and you can go ask Eduardo for it. I've been sent to brief Carlos on his strategy."

"But, I want the good strategy. Surely there's a way I can get it." Y/n scoffed and stood her ground. "Your girlfriend is the strategist, it doesn't mean you get the best strategy." Y/n snapped. "But you love me." Charles said. "Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc, I don't care how much I love you, I've got a job to do and so do you so go to Eduardo and know your strategy." Charles clenched his jaw and looked at her in anger. "You can go take it up with Mattia if you have a problem." she smiled innocently, handing him the clip board and walking away with Carlos. Charles muttered curses in French to himself and began the walk of shame to Eduardo's office. "You sure know how to deal with him eh?" Carlos laughed. Y/n shrugged her shoulders and contojnued on walking. "Perks of us dating, you know?" Carlos laughed and the two walked to the hospitality.

The next morning, Charles and Y/n sat in the hotel before the team went out to the track. "Okay, I'm going to go and shower now." Y/n said as she tied her hair up. "Okay mon cœur. Then we'll go to the track, yes?" Charles asked, not looking up from his phone. "I love you." Y/n said sweetly. Charles looked up at her and smiled. "Love you too." before Y/n walked away into the bathroom for a shower. Charles quickly skimmed through her notes, hoping not to get caught and luckily he didn't. He sat there mesmerising as much as he could, hoping he could convince one of his other strategists to side with him and change the strategy. "Are you looking at my notes?" Y/n asked standing at the door, sopping wet.

Charles chucked the notepad over to the side and stood up to look at her. "No- that's not- erm-" Y/n walked by him, not even looking at him and took her notes and shoved them into her bag. "Y/n, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
"So you accidentally opened my notes and read them all, yeah? What is wrong with you?!" she shouted. Charles was silenced. For once, he didn't have anything to say. "Why can't you just realise that I myself have a job to do? Are you that desperate to show everyone how great you have to be?" she yelled. "Mon cœur, please I didn't mean it. I promise."

"No Charles! They're going to think I'm incapable of doing my job now! You're so selfish sometimes!" she shouted throwing her red uniform on. "No they aren't. I'll just slip it in that I'd like to change it and then-"
"Then they're realise I let you look at my notebooks and stuff and then I won't be trusted to hold the information of the strategy again!" Charles knew he messed up. She'd never been this angry with him before so he must have done something bad for her to get this anggrivated with him. "Y/n-" She stopped him. "No, save it! I don't want to hear anything you have to say for the rest of the day!" and with that, she slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out quickly with Charles following behind.

Charles watched as Y/n typed away at her computer with her headset on, taking notes as to what Mattia was saying he wanted in the pre race briefing. "So pit Carlos a lap earlier depending on the position of the car behind, yes?" she asked. Mattia nodded and there she went typing again. Charles smiled at her. She looked so effortlessly beautiful. He had never seen such perfection before in his entire li-

"Do you want to change your strategy at all Charles?" Mattia asked. Charles looked over to his girlfriend at Mattia's right. She looked disappointed, angry and upset all at the same time. Charles felt horrible. "No, I'm happy. As long as I can get good points I don't care." Y/n blinked a few times in disbelief as to what she was hearing. "Okay, briefing is finished. Let's get ready for the race." Mattia announced before everyone got up and began to leave. Charles left first, not looking back for Y/n. He didn't expect her to forgive him so quickly. What he did was out of pocket and just horrible. "Charles!" He looked back and saw Y/n jogging over towards him, a smile visible through her mask. "What are you smiling for?" he asked. She threw her arms around his neck and jumped up into his arms. Charles laughed and held her up. "Thank you." She whispered. "Anytime mon cœur. Now, shall we go and prepare for the race or stay like this?" He joked, letting her down. "Let's go do this thing." and so, the pair walked into the ferrari garage, hand in hand, ready for the task at hand.