❤️Callum Ilott - You Know Me

Callum sat watching as his teammates drive around the Le Mans circuit. It was a few hours to go and he didn't need to be in the car so he decided to sit and watch in the much warmer hospitality we're one of his friends Y/n worked. She was more of a work friend but he loved bumping into her. She always had a smile on her face no matter what and he loved that.

His eyes were opening and closing constantly "Callum? Have you eaten?" Y/n asked. His eyes shot open and his heart rate quickened as she stood there before him, her hands on the table. Callum had been sitting at the table in hospitality for a while. His stints were over now and all he had to do was watch now. Callum shook his head, his eyes dreary and half open. "Not a crumb. Lots of coffee though." She furrowed her eyebrows and walked off, leaving Callum half asleep at the table. The smell of toasting bread and coffee lingered in the air, getting caught in Callum's nostrils. He was Starving but he was too tired to get up and ask for something. It was a few more minutes before Y/n returned, waking Callum with a ceramic plate of some sort landing on the table. Callum looked up at her, the light shining through her hair as though she was an angel and then he looked down at what she had in front of him. "I got you something." Y/n said as she sat down and slid a warm toastie down in front of him. "Ham and cheese?" he asked, pointing at it. "Obviously." He sat up and clapped his hands together. "That's what I love to hear." He grinned, before picking it up and taking a bite out of it. Y/n watched as he ate a few bites, occasionally looking over at the TV to watch the racing.

"This is actually so good." Callum said through a full mouth. "Have you not eaten at all?" she asked him. Callum shook his head and brought a napkin to his mouth. "No, not hungry." He replied, eating another piece. "Oh yeah, for sure." Y/n replied sarcastically. "I reckon you'd starve without me here." She joked, earning a littllee chuckle from Callum. "Yeah. Not a lot of people care if I eat or not. They wouldn't come and give me food necause they think I need it." Y/n smiled and stood up. "Well I can't have a star driver like yourself starving, now can I?" she chuckled. Callum watched her as she walked away to finish off making food for the rest of the crew. His heart calmed down and he felt normal again.

Callum continued watching the race up until the last few minutes. He tapped the table nervously as everyone around him began cheering, exclaiming they were getting a podium. Callum was relieved, but somehow, he felt alone in this garage full of people. He looked around, not seeing his waitress friend anywhere. He turned to an engineer and asked, "Where is Y/n?" The engineer turned his attention away from the race. "Why would she be here?" he asked. "She's part of the team. She makes sure we all eat something." The engineer shrugged his shoulders. "I forget she even exists sometimes." Callum's shoulders drooped. She meant something to him. He couldn't comprehend how someone could forget she existed. Callum look at the screen to watch the race but it still didn't feel right. In a moment of pure adrenaline and passion, Callum turned and ran to the hospitality to find her.

Hé sprinted in the doors to find her with a backpack on, wiping some tables. "What are you doing?" he asked. "I'm going back to the hotel after I finish cleaning." She replied. "
"Not watching the race?" she asked, wiping down a table. "Not worth watching if my friend isn't there." Y/n felt her cheeks warming. He was always so sweet. "Well, I'm busy at the moment. I want to leave before everyone so I'm not in any body's way." Callum held her wrist, stopping her from wiping. "Come on Y/n. Just come and watch the last lap at least." She smiled softly at him, his blue eyes making her feel like she was at home. "Fine. You'll have to help me after though."

Callum stood proudly on the podium, drenched in champagne. He was out of breath and laughing before the moment of calm came as he spotted Y/n cheering amongst the team down below. "Someone has a crush." Matteo, one of Callum's teammates commented. "Not a crush, mate." Callum replied as they walked off the podium with their trophies. "Then how do I already know who you were looking at?" Matteo walked a bit quicker towards Rino, leaving Callum to think by himself for a moment. Was it really that obvious that he liked her? Maybe it counted as love. He hadn't even finished thinking by the time he found himself back on the ground, face to face with Y/n.

"Callum, why did you bring me to watch your podium?" she asked. Callum took a breath in as he snapped out of his thoughts.

"You're part of the team-"

"The real reason Callum."

He was silent. Of course he knew the real reason. "Because you know me." He paused. "You know me and I think you're one of the few that probably knew me inside and out. I don't want to lose that and to be perfectly honest, I don't want to lose you either." The stood apart, staring at eachother. One in disbelief of what the other had said and the other preparing for the worst. "I don't know you Callum." Callum swallowed the lump in his throat. He knew she would react this way, it's why he hadn't told her sooner. "But I wouldn't mind getting to know you a bit better." Callum's eyes lit up. "Does this mean you're open to the idea of," he motioned between them both. "us, being a thing?" She chuckled at his awkwardness and nodded. "Of course I would." She curled her as around his neck and smiled. "Because you know me too."