🏎️Lando Norris - Shifting The Blame

Your heart was beating quickly within your chest. Crashes always got you wound up like this. Lando had lost control of his car and crashed into onee of the barriers. You awaited news that he was alright and when it did eventually come, you let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "He's alright." You whispered to yourself. Due to the impact he took from the crash, he had to go to the medical centre to go and have a checkup just to make sure everything was normal. You sat outside the Medical Centre and waited once again for news of Lando. It was a long thirty or so minutes before he walked out with his helmet in his hands. He offered a quick smile to you and slung his arm around you. "What did the medic say?" you asked. "He said I'm alright." He rreeplied coldly. "I see, then why are you limping and leaning on me to walk?" Lando was silent. "Lando. I'll drag you back there myself." You warned. "Okay, okay. My leg hurts but if I tell them I won't be able to race next week." Wasn't so much of a convincing argument as he hoped it would be so he gave in and decided to go back to the medical centre to get it checked out.

Just as you suspected, he had an injury from his ankle down to his foot. The doctor told him to rest it and that he couldn't race for a month which broke him. Racing was everything to him. Lando didn't look att you as he was getting his foot casted. Youu were the reason he couldn't get back in the car fore the next month and a bit, all you. He got the clear and limped out with a crutch for support. Nothing, not a single word left his mouth on the journey back to his driver room. You carried his helmet and everything back and kept silent yourself, not trying to provoke him. The second the door closed, you spoke. "Why are you angry now? Because I told you to go and get your leg checked?" you asked calmly. "This is all your bloody fault!" he replied. You scoffed in response. "Classic Lando, shifting the fucking blame. How might I ask was it my fault? Was it my fault you didn't finish the bloody race? No! It wasn't your fault either but stop shifting the blame to me! That's what your really angry about Lando and you can't deny that!"

"I can actually. I'm angry because I can't get into the car for another month and I'm losing out on easy championship points! Don't you get that?!" He shouted causing you to flinch. "Oh no, I understand completely. When you are ready to talk to me like an adult and not a child, come and talk to me." You said grabbing your bag and slamming the door shut, causing the walls to vibrate with the power you put into that. You walked to the McLaren hospitality and plopped down on a chair. The fucking audacity that man had. The sheer audacity. A few minutes passed until your phone rang so you picked it up and looked at the ID. Lando. "Lando, I'm not in the mood for fighting." You said. "No, my crutch is on the other side of the room. I can't get it." He paused awaiting your response before he sighed. "And I want to talk, not shout, talk." You smiled to yourself. "I'll be there in a minute then." You got back up and walked back to Lando's driver room. You knocked and heard a muffled 'come in' so you pushed the door open and saw Lando. "Well, well, well. Look who came crawling back." You joked.

"Oh ha, ha. So funny." Lando replied sarcastically. "Come here please." You hesitantly walked over but then realised you didn't have a chair so youu turned around. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked. "I'm getting a chair." You replied. "You have a chair right here." Lando said patting his thigh. You laughed. "Are you serious?" He nodded. You walked over and sat down on his lap, stretching your arm over his shoulder as he curled his arm around your waist. "I'm sorry babe. I shouldn't have blamed you for anything." He said. "No, I get why you're upset I just really worry about you sometimes." Lando pressed a kiss into your hair. "Can we forget this happened?" he asked. "Of course. Now come here and kiss me. I nearly had a heart attack when you crashed."