🎶Mitch Evans - Dandelions

This one-shot is in collaboration with Deli_f1 and why-are-you-here- We realised there isn't much Mitch Evans Oneshots so we decided to come together and write one each, since we are all big fans of his. This was also a nice little break from writing requests. Also, don't forget to check out their one-shot books which are both amazing might I add and vote etc. Oh and I'm so sorry for not publishing enough, I'm currently on holidays so uploads will be a bit slow for a while. Thank you guys and enjoy the Oneshots x

Y/n waved her hand delicately through the air as she sat in the passenger seat of her friend, Mitch Evans' car. Y/n and Mitch had known each other for a while now, since they were teenagers. They'd been inseparable except for when Mitch was away racing of course but when Mitch was home, he would always make sure to hang out with Y/n without a question. Mitch pulled into a little pebbled car park, the small stones crunching as the car ran over them. "Alright, let's go have our picnic then." Mitch said as he parked. "Thank god. I'm starving." Y/n replied, hopping out of the car. "Maybe I would have eaten quicker if someone hadn't got us lost."

"You just gave me the directions wrong. That's all." Mitch chuckled. "I didn't have to give you directions until you got us lost." She said as she popped the boot open. "I refuse to take blame for getting us lost, Y/n." Mitch took the basket out and closed the boot. Y/n laughed to herself before she looked for where to go for the picnic and saw a little pathway, so like any logical human being, she walked towards it but the other illogical human being had other plans. "Um, where are you going?" he asked. Y/n looked between Mitch and the path. "To the picnic spot? There's a sign." She pointed at the sign. Mitch waved his hand. "No, no, no. Let's go through the field. It looks nicer." Y/n looked behind him and saw a dandelion infested field, which wouldn't exactly help your hay-fever. "Mitch, that's how we got lost in the car. There's literally directions right here and you aren't taking them." Y/n told him. "I know but come on. The longer you're lost with me the longer you get to spend time with me bestie." He joked, earning a laugh from you. "Okay, fine but I'll kill you if we get lost."

The pair set off into the field, climbing over the fence and now walking through the dandelions. "Do you ever wish on dandelions?" Mitch asked. "Sometimes. I haven't wished on them since I was little." Mitch picked one up, twirled it around a bit and blew on it, watching as the florets danced in the air. "What did you wish for?" Y/n asked. Mitch tapped the side of his nose. "It won't come true if I tell you now, will it?" You smiled and continued to walk. "Maybe you should try it. You never know, your wish might come true." Y/n looked and plucked a dandelion, raising it to just in front of her lips before she did the same as Mitch, keeping her wish silent and close to her heart. As they walked on, Mitch noticed that Y/n was taking many dandelions and blowing every single one, which made him laugh a bit to himself.

"You've got a lot of wishes, huh?" Mitch chuckled as he watched Y/n pick up yet another dandelion to blow away. "Yeah and ironically, one of the wishes is not to have hay-fever." Mitch laughed as the pair walked on through the dandelions. "And do you want photos for your Instagram?" Mitch asked. "Nah. I'll be fine." you replied. "Oh come on, just take a photo. You look live one of those aesthetic girls. I like it." You laughed and looked to the ground before reaching into your pocket and pulling your phone out triumphantly. "Look, the dress has pockets Mitch!" He smiled as he took the phone. "Pockets must be scarce in your world." He joked. "You have no idea." Mitch opened the phone and went to the camera. "Right, how am I taking this then?" he asked. "Well you encouraged me to take it so you tell me what to do." Mitch let out a sigh and looked around for ideas. He rubbed the back of his neck as he thought of possible poses. "Okay, lie down." Mitch said. "I don't think my hay fever wish came true yet Mitch." you laughed. "I've got tablets, just lie down." You looked at the ground with an arched brow. "Trust me." Mitch said, holding his hand out for you to take. You smiled and held his hand as you helped yourself get down. "Okay so am I putting my arms up or what am I doing?" she asked.

"Do whatever you want? Just pose." She groaned and lay down, moving her hands and body in different positions as Mitch snapped the photos. "Absolute beauty." Mitch said, rounding his fingers into an OK gesture. "Right, now help me up." Y/n said, looking for Mitch's hand again. "Hold on." Mitch paused to get something from his bag. "What are you doing?" Y/n whined. "I'm getting a biscuit." Mitch replied. "You're what now?" Y/n asked for him to repeat. "Look, they're chocolate digestives, they're gonna melt!"

"So help me up and we can go eat them!" Mitch groaned and leaned over to help his friend up. She wiped down her dress and took her phone from Mitch, going to look at some of the photos he took of her. She swiped through the first two or three before she saw multiple photos of Mitch doing random faces. "Are you serious?" Mitch as he nibbled on a digestive. "You really aren't funny." She mumbled, shoving her phone back into her pocket. "I am, you know I am." They walked for a little while longer until Mitch spoke up again.

"So, what wishes do you think will come true?" Mitch asked, eating a biscuit. Y/n let out a sigh. "I hope the florets travel to my darling and let them know I love them. I don't think they're exactly aware of my feelings yet." Mitch turned his head to her. "Yet?"

"No, not yet but plans are being made."

"I like the optimism." He chuckled. Y/n looked at his side profile. Her smile softened. "Clueless." you muttered, quiet enough for Mitch to not hear. You see, her wish wasn't for her hay-fever to go away like she said, or perhaps it was, it wouldn't happen since she spoke it out loud for Mitch to know, her wish was for something else, something more important than measly allergies.

Her wish was for him and to call him hers and if she could, she'd spend all day in that field cloeing the dandelions and wishing upon it until it happened. But for now, and in the meantime, she would sit by praying and hoping that her wish would one day come true. Unbeknownst to her however, was that Mitch was wishing for the same thing.