🏎️Esteban Ocon - Surprise Lucky Charm

Things with Esteban hadn't been going so great. Everything had just been fucking up lately with you both being away due to your packed schedules. Being a fashion journalist was busy but so was being a Formula One driver. Esteban always felt so alone when he was at home since youu were gone a lot. He knew you were a call away but he hated that his bed was empty almost every night regardless of if he was at home or at races and you hated youu couldn't be with him. However, you managed to work it all out by calling eachother every day at least twice, that way you could keep up to date with the other.

One day in particular, Esteban seemed off in your view. Whenever you were talking on the phone he wasn't quite invested into the conversation as he would usually be. When he hung up, you decided to go to the race. Your boss didn't mind as you'd done such a good job and hadn't missed a single day yet and let you off the hook to attend the race so you booked a flight and went to watch him. You groaned as it was announced that your flight would be delayed, therefore you would miss the start of the race.

Esteban was having a horrible start. Fernando had crashed into him at the very start but luckily he hadn't a lot of damage and managed to continue on racing. But about halfway through the race, his performance started to noticeably improve, coincidentally when you entered the garage. The Alpine crew were confused as to why the car suddenly got quicker but they weren't complaining, they were on route to a podium, maybe even a victory. Your leg bounced up and down in anticipation of the end. Esteban was alreeady sitting comfortably in the podium places but he was pushing for a win. You silently prayed, hoping he could pull it off and your prayers were answered as the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen collided in the battle, therefore gifting Esteban the P1 position. Esteban crossed the finish line, the chequered flag waving high in the air as Esteban screamed his lungs out in excitement.

You jumped up along with everyone else in the garage and cheered for him. He'd done it, a brilliant job of it too. The other mechanics were already making their way to the podium but you decided to surprise him elsewhere so instead, you sat back down and watched the podium on the TV in the garage with a huge smile plastered onto your face and pride coarsing through your veins. That was your boyfriend up there on the podium, on the top step of the podium.

You walked away from the podium after the celebrations were finished and the champagne was sprayed. You decided since you didn't surprise him in Parc Fermé, you could surprise him in his driver room so you made your way to his driver room. You were just about to open the door when you felt a pair of arms curl around your waist which pulled you back. "I knew I won because my lucky charm was around." A smile crept onto your face as you turned around to look into the chocolate brown eyes of Esteban. "Well I had to come. You were having such a shit weekend so I decided to surprise you." you chirped. Esteban smiled and pecked your lips lovingly. "My lucky charm. If only you could come to all of my races." he smiled. "Maybe one day, but until then," you paused, obviously for dramatic effect because we love a dramatic queen. "I'm going to write about fashion like my life depends on it."