❤️Max Verstappen - Boss' Daughter Part 1

Another long annoyed groan left you're mouth as your dad once again ran over the rules for you to follow this Grand Prix weekend. You weren't there visiting, you were there on work placement for engineering. "I don't wwaant you talking to any driver outside of the team, no talking tto Mercedes unless you're going undercover-" You snapped out of your thought prroceess hearing that. "What was that about undercov-" but your question wasn't even asnwerred as your dad rambled on even more. "and absolutely no dating drivers! That's the only rule I implore you stick by. Any questions?" he asked. "Do I call you Dad or Christian?" Your father tthoughtt long and hard about it and came to the conclusion that 'Dad' would suffice. "Okay Christian. Got you." you said with a smile plastered on your face, snapping your fingers towards him. He gave you an unamused look which stopped you from smiling. "So do I go now?" you asked. "You're dismissed." He said. You turned and walked towards the door. Just before you could close the door you were called back. "Yes dad?" you asked looking at him. He raised his hand to reveal your pass that you must have lost or the very keasr nearly lost. "Of shit. Thanks dad." You said taking the badge from him. "Language." He warned. "English!" you replied quickly enough so he couldn't give out about the cheeky answer. You walked down to the garage and sat beside Simon Renniee who was going through data. "Hey kiddo." He said as you sat down. "How's it going so far?"

"So very shit. Dad set some ground rules for me already." Simon chuckled. "He's only looking out for you. I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway, how about a quick quiz?" You nodded and looked into the computer screen that showed the progress of the car, which car you weren't entirely sure. "This line detects the oversteer or understeer so on this driver's sixth push lap, which did he suffer from the most?" you looked closer and counted the lines. "Understeer?" you replied but it was almost like it was more of a question than an answer. Simon nodded. "Come on! Something more difficult!" you said. Simon looked for something difficult and decided to qustion you on your knowledge of over heating. "Okay then. This very car right here has an overheating issue and the guys can't quite understand what thee problem is so what's the predicted short term solution gonna be?" Max was leaning on his car talking to a mechanic but hee had tto leave so Max was pretty much by himself. He listened into the question and waited to see if the young, assumably new engineer knew what to do.

"Depends on the system. If its the ICE system then you use water and glycol I believe, but these kind of things don't happen as much since the overheating issues had been close to resolved since the 2014 season." Max was impressed. "So what about the batteries and control electronics?" Simon prompted onwards. "Usually cooled by liquids. I don't know how you'd fix that in a race situation other than maybe making some adjustments to the side pods so more air can either get in quicker or get in with much higher amounts and at the moment, thee second option is sounding more likely." Simon nodded. "So do you want to help the crew then? They might need a hand." Your eyes went wide at the opportunity so you nodded enthusiastically.

Simon was about to bring you over but noticed a certain Dutch man was staring at you the whole time so he made a change to the plans. "Actually Y/n, how about you go give Max his briefing on what he has to do today. I'll go explain the work to the guys." You gulped looking over to Max. He looked good yes but was known to have a bit of a temper but surely nothing youu couldn't handle. "Yeah sure. I can do that." You said nervously taking the data notes and walking over to Max. "Erm, excuse me?" Max turned around to the voice he heard and sett eyes upon a woman holding a notebook, the notebook Max had his important stuff written in. "Simon said I'm going to be giving you your briefing today since he's needed by the mechanics." You explained. Max smiled and outstretched his hand. "That's fine. I'm Max." You took his hand and shook it. "Y/n." you responded. "Nice name." Your smile only grew wider with his words. "Okay so shall we go through the plan for today?"

"And you can only use system 5-23 when Simon tells you to use it otherwise it'll waste energy far too quickly." Max nodded as he looked down at the notes. "What is the fastest lap time overall?" Max asked. "Bottas with 1:16:028. Fastest in sector 1 and two, Norris is fastest in sector 3." You replied looking up at the live graphs. "Alright cheers." Max said giving yiu a fist bump. "You say this is your first day?" You nodded in approval. "It doesn't seem like it's your first day. You sound very professional, very experienced." You wished you could talk to Max forever but a certain Brrittish man had to go and mess it up by calling you over. Max looked up and being you to see Christian with his hands in his pockets. "It appears that Christian is looking for you." Max mused. "Itt appears so. Liste, good luck out there today. I'll probably be working on Checo's car butt I'll make sure to have a look and see how you're doing too." Max said a quick goodbye and watched as she walked away with Christian. Max took this opportunity to go over to Simon and ask what he was messing at. "Simon, what the hell do you think you're doing sending a new person over to explain stuff?!" He asked as soon as he sat down.

"Firstly, she is top of her class in University and secondly I didn't see you frown or look bored once while she was talking." Max's cheeks flushed a bright red colour but he hid them by trying to look angry. "There's something about her voice, don't you think? It's great, much less boring than yours." Simon glared at him and returned to his laptop. "I wouldn't try asking her out mate. She has rules that she has to play by." Max scoffed. "Just because it goes against morale, doesn't mean its against the rules." Simon turned around to him so he was facing him. "You really don't know who she is, do you?" Was he supposed to know? Max shook his head slowly. "Max, that's Y/n." That narrowed it down... He was still clueless. "That doesn't help Simon!" he said to him. "Well maybe you should ggo and ask Christian for more clues." Max of course took it seriously and went to find Christian but Simon pulled him back. "You're stupid I swear." Simon groaned. "She is Y/n Horner!" Max was frozen in shock. "I was flirting with-" Simon nodded. "She- her dad is Christian?" Simon nodded again, milking this moment as long as he could.

"Oh fuck..."