🍼Charles Leclerc - Baby Duties

"What are you going to call her?"
"Coralie, Coralie Leclerc."

That day was something else. The day your baby girl, Coralie arrived to the world. It all seemed so much better than everyone told you it would be. She wasn't crying at night, she wasn't being terrible at all but then then the problems started when you got home. Charles opened up the front door with your hospital bag and let you in holding the baby. You looked around at the homer you missed oh so much and continued on to the nursery to put your little girl to sleep. It was awfully late at night so she would probably be sleepy and to be completely honest, you were pretty tired too. You placed the little creature into her crib and tucked her in. Charles looked on lovingly at his little family. Everything was finally coming together in his life.

You tiredly made your way out of the room and closed the door gently. You heard a light chuckle and reopened your eyes to see Charles staring at you. "What?" you yawned. "Nothing, you just look beautiful as always." He remarked. Even though you felt like complete and utter shit, he made you feel like a princess. "but you look tired so maybe you should go to sleep." You nodded and yawned. "Yeah. Let's go- what are you doing?" you asked as Charles picked you up bridal style and began walking in the direction of your bedroom. "We're going to bed." He replied simply. "I might put on a movie too but it's up to you." Your heart fluttered at his words. "Do you know how much I love you?" you asked him, nuzzled into his chest. "You've said it a few times but I don't mind hearing it again."

---------------------------------------------------------

You had managed to fall asleep but the distant cries of little Coralie Leclerc put an end to that. You moved to get up but Charles lay you back down making you a little bit confused. "Charles, I need to go get her." you groaned. "No princesse, you go back to sleep. I'll go get her." You agreed reluctantly and turned back around to go to sleep but in the nursery, they were probably not going to sleep.

"Salut ma fille, Pourquoi pleures tu?" (hello my daughter, why are you crying?) he babbled. Carolie seemed to quiet down a little bit but not much. "Veux tu quelque chose a manger? Ah no. You can't eat anything yet erm..." Charles thought about an alternative and thankfully came up with one quickly before she woke up the entire of Monaco. "Et le lait? Oui? Tres bien." (How about milk? Yes? Great) he said to himself. "Allons y alors, mais nous devons nouse taire."(Let's go then but we need to be quiet.) he said wrapping Carolie in a blanket to keep her warm while they went out to the kitchen to get some milk. " Nous ne voulons pas reveiller votre maman." (We don't want to wake up your mom.) Charles had a peak into the room to see if you were still asleep and smiled to himself when he saw that you were.

"Vous savez, vous et votre maman êtes similaires. Vous êtes tous les deux très exigeants." (You know, you and your mom are very similar. You're both very high maintenance.) Charles chuckled as he began to feed his hungry baby. "Je blague. Je vous aime beaucoup tous les deux." (I'm joking. I love you both very much.) he continued on. "Et croyez moi, à la seconde où je peux vous amener à une course, vous allez à une course." (And trust me, the second I can get you to a race, you are going to a race.)

"Bien, allons au lit." (Right, let's go to bed.) he said once she finished her bottle. Charles walked back quietly to the nursery and placed her back into her crib but then as he began to walk away, she started cying again. "Quel est le problème avec ma princesse maintenant? (What is wrong with my princess now?) he asked softly. "Vous voulez une soirée pyjama? Une chanson peut-être? Tous les deux? Bien." (Do you want a sleepover? A song? Both? Okay.) He gave up and climbed into the crib, hoping and praying he didn't break it or he would get a hounding from you. " Frere jaques, frere jacques, dormez vous, dormez vous? Sonnez les matines, sonnes les matines. Din, dan, don. Din, dan, don." He hummed. Charles looked down and saw Carolie asleep on his chest. He was now trapped in a crib with his baby. How was he going to get out now? He wasn't so he gave in and just decided to fall asleep. Night one of having a baby in the house would be pretty successful if you ask me.