🎶Theo Pourchaire - Dancing Queen

Y/n found herself somewhere she didn't exactly expect herself to be on a Friday night, or any night. Sure, she planned it, but the idea of sneaking onto a yacht in the Monaco harbour to party was a plan nobody thought would have worked, but it was crazy enough for Y/n to at least try it. And so, she found herself knocking back shots surrounded by people she didn't know. She was asked over and over how she got in. She pretended she was friends with the owner and for some strange reason, they all believed her. Y/n decided, in her moment of drunk brilliance that she should go and dance.

"Qui es-tu ?" A voice asked her. She turned and saw a boy, around her age qith a glass in his hand looking at her very confused. "Well parlez vous you too." She replied, clinking glasses with him. "I don't speak French." She continued on. "Oh, right." The boy looked ever more confused now. "I just wanted to know if I know you?" He asked. "Well I don't think so." She said, pretty unphased. "Who brought you here?" He asked. "Well I was invited of course." He shook his head. "No you weren't."

"Yes I was! The person running the party asked me to come along. I'm just such good friends with-" she paused. "them." Nice save. "So you were invited by Theo Pourchaire?" He asked in disbelief. "Yes, I was invited by Theo." She grinned, thinking her lie worked. "That's simply not true." The boy replied. Y/n was offended. "As if you'd know." She muttered, sipping her drink again. "I do know. I know it for a fact." She nearly spat her drink out laughing. "And how exactly would you of all people know?" She set her glass to the side. "Because I'm Theo Pourchaire." Her face didn't change at all. She still remained cool and calm. "Well there's my best friend." His eyebrows knotted into confusion. "Don't you know? We're secretly best friends! It's so secret that even you don't know." Theo's serious expression softened into a much more light hearted one. "I suppose it was secretive. Now bestie-" He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and led her to the bar. "How about we fill up your drink?" Y/n smiled and nodded. "Sounds pretty good."

For the first time the whole evening, Y/n was seen with her 'best friend' and some even believed it, because it seemed as though they were inseperable. As they danced, on one particular occasion, Theo was pulled aside by one of his friends, so he excused himself and spoke to them for a bit. Y/n decided to go to the bar and treat herself to another drink. As she waited for her drink to be made, a stranger came up to him, smiling. "Hi." She said. Y/n smiled back. "Hi." She replied. "You must be Theo's best friend?" Y/n nodded. "I am, yes." She grinned once again at the misconception. "I don't know if you know but it's quite obvious to me and pretty much everyone else that there is something else going on with you two." Something else? Those words haunted her. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Come now, don't tell.me you don't see it?" Y/n simply shook her head no. "Well, it's very clear to me that one of you likes the other. The only thing stopping you is-" She paused trying to think. "I'm not quite sure. What is making you not want to date him?"

"I barely know him!" Y/n exclaimed, making the stranger laugh. "Oh please. Once the fans figure out he has a girl best friend." Y/n's eyebrows twisted into those of confusion. "The fans?" She asked. "His fans? He's driving in Formula 2! Món dieu and you call yourself his best friend." She chuckled. It had only hit her now what this all meant. She not only gate crashed a rich party, but a rich racing driver's party, one of which probably has a lot of fans. "Oh god." She muttered, taking a sip of her drink that had just been placed on front of her. "Well, I'll let you enjoy your evening." The stranger bids her farewells and dissolves into the crowd. Mortified, Y/n downs the last of her drink and runs frantically about, searching for a way off the boat. What on earth had she gotten herself into? If people on the boat who all knew Theo thought they were in love, imagine what others that didn't know him would think. Those being his fans. Of course they would assume things and to be quite frankly, she wasn't exactly the most angelic person.

"I need to introduce you to my best friend. This is-" As Theo turned, he had just realised there was nobody beside him. "Where is she?" He asked. "You mean the girl that was behind you like ten minutes ago? She left. To the bar I think." Theo began frantically looking around for his best friend but she was nowhere to be found. Like Cinderella after midnight, she disappeared and it didn't matter how hard he looked for the Dancing Queen, he couldn't find her. He ran to the side of the boat and looked again. He saw nothing, while our Dancing Queen stood hidden around a corner and watched him, before turning and fleeing the scene.