🏎️Frederik Vesti - Crush

Y/n sat outside of the McLaren motor home with a pair of sunglasses on. There was a person in Mercedes merch that kept looking at her and she hadn't a clue who it was. Her eyes were drawn to him too and thankfully he couldn't see her through the shades. "Lando, do you know who that is?" she whispered to her teammate right in front of her. "Who?" he asked. "Don't make it obvious but the guy in the Mercedes merch." Lando faked a stretch and looked around and quickly saw who she was talking about. Frederik Vesti from Formula 3. "He's a Formula 3 driver." Y/n nodded. She didn't exactly involve herself in watching the feeder series racikng as much as she used to.

"What, do you like him or something?" Lando teased making Y/n blush under her mask. "No, he's just been looking at me all weekend and I don't know who he is." Lando chuckled and continued to look at his phone. Thoughts ran around Y/n's head as she looked at this F3 driver from the side of her eye. He looked cute she had to admit. What was he thinking? She hated not knowing but she couldn't exactly just walk up to him but she could however find an excuse to get a bit closer. She whipped out her phone and scrolled through her contacts before landing on the contact for Toto Wolff. She formulated a plan to maybe talk to Toto to catch up and pray that this driver would interupt. "Y/n, what can I do for you?" the Austrian asked. "Hey Toto, wanna catch up? I'm bored out of my mind over here."

She sat outside the Mercedes hospitality laughing along with Toto, Bono and Lewis. It was nice to finally talk to someone that wasn't in McLaren. Don't get me wrong, they're lovely people it's just seeing the same faces over and over again can get quite tiring. Frederik sat inside, looking out at the girl. He wanted to go out and talk to her, he wanted to introduce himself. She was just so inspirational and beautiful. She seemed so kind and polite in her interviews, a great character and he couldn't help but admire the woman, catch feelings for her. He let out a defeated sigh and stood up to leave. If she didn't call him back, he wasn't going to bother trying to introduce himself. He had other things to worry about after all, he was sure he was going to meet her at some point. He walked through the doors and looked straight ahead. "Fred!" He stopped dead in his tracks and looked over to who cled his name. He saw the soft smile of Y/n Y/l/n, the Y/n Y/l/n. "Did I get that right?" Frederik nodded his head in disbelief. "Why don't you come over and sit? There's always room for one more."

His heart beated faster and faster in his chest as he sat in front of her. Oh this was really happening. "I must admit, I don't follow the feeder series as much as I used to. I just can't find the time anymore." Y/n chuckled before taking a sip of her coffee. "I don't mind. I'm just confused as to how you know me." he laughed. "Lando told me and I heard your name floating about the place, like everyone was saying you were here as the reserve driver this weekend so I deduced that you were Fred." she smiled. He nodded his head in understanding. "Looking forward to doing the practise session?"

"Very much so. I can't wait to actually get into a formula one car. It's been a big dream of mine." Y/n smiled. Her heart fluttered just talking to him. "And with the best team, it's a good start." Frederik laughed and agreed. "Absolutely." The pair continued on talking for a while and for so long that everyone else ended up having to leave for some work. "I'm looking forward to being on the track with you." Fred smiled as she stood up to leave. "It's gonna be more like you passing me, let's be honest." She joked making Frederik laugh. "Well considering what happened last time Mercedes were in Bahrain I don't think I'm going to have a lot of luck." Y/n cackled at the light hearted joke and went to leave. "I like you Fred." she said holding her fist out for a fist bump. His heart pounded inside his chest. Did she just? Y/n had a seed of doubt in her head after saying that. Why did she even think that was a good idea?! "I'll see you around?" Fred gulped down and nodded before giving her a fist bump. "Of course, I'll see you later." The pair seperated, both thinking balut what had just happened.

Frederik over thought that quote for a while. What did she mean by she liked him? Did she genuinely like...have a crush on him? No, she couldn't possibly like him back. It didn't make sense, they just met. Y/n couldn't stop overt thinking it either. Why did it bug her so much? Be probably didn't even take it that way! These thoughts on each other continued on all day. They couldn't stop thinking of the other. He admired her and she liked him, maybe that's how it would stay or maybe it would become more than that.