🍼 Callum Ilott - Perfect Mistake Part 1

Now it's not often you make a mistake but this time, you really went and fucked it up. You see, you and Callum had been friends since play school. You were practically inseparable and joined at the hip and everybody figured it would only be a matter of time before you both got together. You weren't together when it happened and nor were you planning on getting together. You were simply planning to just....test the waters. It was a warm, starry night in Maranello and it appeared that everyone was sound asleep, except for you and Callum. You were both out partying, one thing led to another and boom. Now you were tangled up in one another. Not so bad for a first time. When you woke up the next morning and realised what you had both done, you promised each other not to speak of it ever again and then came the problems.

"Pregnant?" you said breathlessly. You had been ill the past few mornings and just put it down to a tummy bug. Callum was actually the one to suggest a pregnancy test, he was just over thinking things, that's what you thought but no. He was spot on. Pregnant. And now here you were, on the bathroom counter holding a positive pregnancy test in your hand while Callum just stared on, almost horrified. "I- we- is it mine? It's got to be mine. Wait, you haven't done it with anyone else have you?" he asked trying to find ane explanation. You shook your head and looked back to him. "Only you. You were my first and you've been the last so far." Callum covered his mouth and looked down at the test in your hands. "What the fuck Y/n?" A few tears dribbled down your face. We're they happy or sad? All you knew is that you were crying. "Callum, I can't accept this." you said close to a whisper. "You have to accept it. You are pregant." He said. "Callum! I'm only twenty fucking two! I can't have a baby!" Callum didn't know what to do orr tto say for that matter. What does one say in this situation. 'My bad, got you pregnant.'

"Can you just stop blaming me." He said in a raised voice. "I didn't blame you for a second! Honestly, I blame myself! I should have known better! We should have had protection." Callum relied in a raised voice. "Callum! Don't blame anybody! It's both of us that went and fucked this up so just please shut up!" Callum sat back and thought of everything that could happen. Death of childbirth is common apparently, he didn't want to lose his friend just because she gave birth. Complications that lead to the baby being lost but he didn't want that either. "Just so we're clear, we are keeping it." You let out a sigh and nodded. "I want to keep it anyway." You responded awaiting for his response. "So do I." It shocked you for sure. "And I'm gonna be here every step of the way for the both of you."

And Callum kept his promise during the whole of your pregnancy. He stayed up with you when you couldn't sleep, helped you out with doing stuff around the house, husband material even if he was only your friend. Onee night you were fast asleep but felt a sharp pain in your stomach making you jump awake. You groaned in agony but then felt a liquid run down your legs. You let out an annoyed huff which alerted Callum that youu were awake. "What's up?" he croaked. "I might have wet the bed." Callum frowned and turned the light on but when the light came on, it wasn't a pool of wee but "is that amniotic fluid?" he asked. Your face went pale. "Callum I think my water just broke!"

You began breathing heavily as you felt a pain almost like a tearing feeling coming from down below. Callum panicked and ran around the room shoving clothes into a bag. "Right, come on! We need to get you to the hospital!" he ssaidd slinging thee bag over his shoulder and helping you up. "Callum! It hurts! How did Diane Keaton make this look so easy?!" you groaned. Callum chuckled. "I dunno. She's an actor so maybe just maybe she was acting." Callum helped youu down the stairs and put you into the car before booting it to the hospital. "Calm down, calm down. It's alright." He kept telling you. "I will kick you in the balls! See if you can keep calm!" Callum gripped the steering wheel and gulped down the lump in his throat. "Alright, I get it. Touchy subject but surely it doesn't hurt that much." You glared at him and punched his arm. "Ow! What the hell?!" You gripped the door of the car as you felt a cramp or something. "You fucking dickhead! You did this to me!" you screamed. "I- so I'm not allowed to do it again?" he said attempting a joke. "Callum that night was a mistake and we both know that! Fuck! This shitt is killing me!" Callum couldn't help but feel hurt by that statement. He understood it was a mistake but he was genuinely falling in love with you as the months had passed but you seemed to just stay thinking you were just friends.

You soon found yourselves at the hospital. Callum hopped out and hollered for help. "Help! It's my friend! She's gone into labour help!" Callum ran around to the passenger side of the door and opened it where a wheelchair was already waiting for you as a nurse had run out. "Okay what's your name darling?" she asked. "Y/n Y/l/n." You panted slightly out of breath from the pain. "And you must be her partner yes?" she asked turning to Callum. "No. I'm her friend." He responded. "So who's the father? Do we know?" Y/n kept quiet. She felt slightly ashamed by that question. "I- erm. It's me actually." Callum answered for you. "Okay. Let's get you into the maternity ward." You weren't even thinking about the baby now. You were thinking of Callum. Your head wouldn't let you see him as a potential boyfriend but your heart acted as if it beated just for him.

You found yourself strapped up and timing contractions on the hospital bed. A groan of pain coming from your mouth every so often. Callum didn't leave your side for even a second. He held your hand through every contraction and didn't complain once about how you were hurting his hand. All these small details crowded up in your mind. Husband material. Truly husband material. Hours had passed and not a single sign of a baby until. "Callum! Callum get the nurse quick!" you shouted. Callum ran out of the room and screamed once again for help and then almost immediately he ran straight back to hold your hand. "Are you alright? Doing okay?" he asked a bit all over the place. "Callum, this is a sorry in advance." You said and then squeezed the hell out of his hand. You heard him whimper but other than that, not a single complaint was heard.

"Okay Ms Y/l/n, the baby is coming so we're going tto ask you to push." Thee midwife said. You groaned and threw your head back. "Callum, do I have to?" Callum smiled almost apologetically and nodded. "I'm afraid so love." your heart fluttered at the nickname but now wasn't the time for crushing. A baby had to be born. First push was so difficult. You felt aas if you were being ripped apart and you fucking hated it. "Callum! I can't!" you whined. Callum couldn't do anything to help. He just wiped the sweat off your forehead with a towel and gave you words of encouragement. Seconds spilled to minutes and then thee doctor came with some good news. "One more push and you'll be hugging your little baby." You swore you were going to cry but that threw you off track and you found yourself losing focus. "No, no. Don't say that. I need to push him out first." Callum held your hand once again and moved your hair to the side. "Lasst push darling. Come on."

Screams and cries bounced off the walls and filled the room. Callum looked away from you and to the little baby the doctor was holding. "Y/n! Look! That's our baby!" he said near tears. You nodded and let the tears flow. "It is Callum. That's him." Callum turned back around to you. He so desperately wanted to kiss you but he couldn't. As if you read his mind, you closed the gap between you two and placed a soft kiss onto his lips. "Sorry to break up this beautiful moment but would you like to cut thee umbilical chord?" Callum looked between you and the doctor. "I- can I?" The doctor chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, come on over. We'll show you where to cut." You watched as Callum walked over. You heard a faint snip, followed by a heap of crying. "Oh I'm so sorry buddy. I didn't meant to hurt you. Y/n? I think he might hate me now!" You laughed.

Callum turned around with the little baby all wrapped up in his arms. "Y/n look. It's my baby." He walked over and sat beside you and showed you his little face. "Look, he's got your nose!" he whispered. "We did good huh?" you giggled. Callum nodded and placed a kiss onto your hair. "That we did my dear. That we did."