🎶Mick Schumacher - Drivers License Part 1

I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. That's all I wanted to do. My friends had finished up their call with me and I had no one else to talk to now. I remenised about the days when I had a motive to get my driver's license. Back when I had Mick.

"Liebling, it's alright. We just know we need to work on roundabouts." he said as I continued to drive on. "I guess but is everything else okay?" I asked turning a corner. "Pretty much perfect." he smiled giving me a reassuring tone. I let out a sigh of relief and found a smile crawling back up onto my face. I continue driving for a while and realise it had gone so quiet. I look over to my side quickly and see Mick just staring at me, which made me blush. "What are you staring at?" I asked. Mick let out a light chuckle. "I'm just thinking." he replied. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "About the future I mean." I nod understandingly. "What exactly are you thinking of about the future?" I urged him on. "You picking me up from my house, then driving through the traffic just blasting music, singing, laughing, being in love." I smiled at the thought. "And maybe even one day, a little baby in the back." We came to a traffic light which turned red so I took this opportunity to look over at Mick. "I promise we will have that life Liebling." He said taking a piece of my hair from my face. "Well I look forward to spending forever with you." he smiled softly. "So do I." hee turned back around and pointed at the light. "Green light."

I wiped a tear from my face as I drove past the town. Mick didn't live too far from here but I'm sure I wasn't welcome there anymore. I took a quick detour by his house and looked over at it quickly before driving on and down the town again. I parked to go into a diner to get a coffee or something and sat down by the window before ordering a small cup of coffee. This felt so empty. Mick would be here beside me usually butt now he's gone. I look over the street and see a restaurant and low and behold, Mick Schumacher sat down with some blonde girl, looking helplessly in love. I swear I felt my heart breaking at the sheer sight. I couldn't bring myself to look at it any longer so I changed my attention to my coffee instead. Nope. Still didn't work. I chugged it quickly, paid and left in my car. I had tto drive to our secret place. I just had to.

I pulled up to the cliff and took a box of pictures and memories from the boot. I walked to the front of my car and leaned on the bonnet and looked out over the beautiful twinkly lights of the town below. I took a deep breath in and let out a roar. "You promised me forever! You fucking promised Mick!" and then followed by the loud sobs and tears. I turned to the box and opened it before grabbing a handful of Polaroid pictures and burning them with a lighter. One picture eased a bit of pain but the more pictures I added, I seemed to only feel worse. I broke down again and fell to my knees. "Why can't you just let me hate you?" I sobbed, looking for an answer. "Fucking hell." I wiped away my tears as I heard a car pull up and someone hop out. "Hello?" I asked as cheerily as I could. "Y/n?" I froze as I heard the German accent again. "Why are you here?" I snarled, a bit taken back at my sudden narky personality. "Well, I missed it up here. How about you?"

"Well, I was downtown but then I saw you on a date so I left." I replied dryly. The atmosphere grew tense with the silence being the loudest thing at the moment. Mick soon broke the silence by speaking up. "I see you got your driver's license." He said, looking back at the car. "I guess I did." I croaked. Mick bit the inside of his lip. "So you saw me on my date then." I nodded. "She sure is gorgeous. Has everything I don't. Blonde hair, perfect figure and I bet she studies something like law or medecine. A perfect girl like you always wanted." I paused. "I just thought maybe, maybe for a second I could-" I stopped myself from continuing on. "What?" Mick asked curious. "Well, that maybe at least one person in this world would see me as a perfect girl. Guess I should stick to having small dreams, huh Mick?" Mick was silent. The thoughts ran around his head of the night he broke up with her.

"Look Mick, I'm not here to convince you to come back, I know you're over me. That girl you had, you seemed to love each other very much. It's just nice to know someone else will get to be this lucky too." I said near tears. I placed a kiss onto his cheek and walked to my car to drive off. I turned on my headlights and looked to Mick, staring at me with a hint of pain in his eyes. I sucked in my lower lip to try and stop tears and mouthed "I love you" before smiling softly and driving off into the night. A lot had happened in the past year, too many crazy things but a positive side of this year I suppose, would be that I got my driver's license and Mick got the girl of his dreams, I just wished it was me so I wasn't driving down the street alone...