🎶Marcus Armstrong - Happier Part 2

Oh, I hope you're happy
But not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great, but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

Olivia Rodrigo

Y/n walked around town with her hands shoved in her pockets. She'd felt completely lost without Marcus by her side but this was life unfortunately. Her friends had told her Marcus managed to find someone new pretty quickly and that he looked very happy but when she asked who it was, her friends grew silent and said it wasn't important. Then why being it up? She didn't understand This was her first heartbreak when it came to love and it would probably not be her last. She heard a little laugh come from across the street, so familiar but it sounded ancient with how long it had been since she heard it. Only two weeks. Not a lot honestly. She looked up and saw Marcus smiling with a red haired girl. She looked gorgeous and that was an understatement. She watched as Marcus walked around with a girl, a familiar girl, then it clicked. That was one of her friends Lauren, that's why her friends didn't say anything. Her heart shattered even more as she saw how happy they were. She didn't think Lauren would do something like this, especially because she was the sweetest human being ever. Maybe that's why he liked her more. "Y/n!" Lauren's voice pierced through her mind as she saw her waving over. Y/n smiled and waved to be polite but her face dropped as she saw Marcus walking over after Lauren went into a shop.

"Hey-" she began. "Look we need to talk-" Marcus said quickly. "Not even a hello?" Y/n scoffed. "We don't have time, I need to talk to you. I didn't meant to hurt you, the breakup was sudden and I'm sorry." She didn't say anything. She was too busy fighting back tears in all honesty. "I get that but Lauren of all people? My friend?" She asked. "She was just nice to talk to and we kissed and now we're here." Y/n swallowed and decided to not say anything bad but keep on his good side. "Yeah, they all told me you moved on." Marcus nodded and felt the tension building but her next statement kind of broke it. "That's one more girl to bring out the best in you." He nodded again and let out a sigh. "That's why I like her so much." Y/n hummed and nodded, her hands clenched into fists in her pocket. "Do you tell her she is the most beautiful girl you'd ever seen?" she asked. "Of course I do." Marcus laughed as if it was an obvious answer. "Well that's bullshit." Marcus furrowed his eyebrows. Why did it just go downhill so suddenly? "You used to tell me that too." Marcus looked away in anger. "Why do you always do this?" he asked. "Why do we always do this? Why do we always fight? Tell me that Marcus!" He bit the inside of his lip and held back on what he was going to say. "That's why we broke up." Marcus muttered. "Yeah and if it meant something to you then you'd still be single but you're already dating someone." They were practically whisper shouting because they were in public but it kept them quiet enough so they didn't care. "Look, it's nothing personal but she just makes me happy and we weren't in a good place so idk what you want me to do or to say right now."

"Say you love me or at least loved me." Marcus shook his head. "I can't, not when I've got Lauren." Y/n smiled enviously and looked towards the ground. "Well she looks beautiful. She looks kind." Y/n looked at her, trying to pick her apart and failing miserably. "She probably gives you butterflies." Marcus nodded. "Yeah, she does." She smiled at him and folded her arms. "I hope you're happy." she paused with sad eyes. "Just not how you were with me." Marcus chuckled, a bit angry now. "You know, you're so selfish." Marcus said. "I know. I can't let you go. You can find someone great but not better than me. It means I wasn't the best you had." He gulped down the lump in his throat and stormed away back to Lauren, a fake smile on his face. She watched as he walked away, out of her life for the second time, without a goodbye.