💍Max Verstappen - Nervewrecking

Max fixed his tie and looked in the mirror. He was going to do it. He was going to ask you to marry him. He'd been putting this off for the longest time, not procrastination just pure fear of you saying no. He had to admit, that of all the things he'd been through this was probably up there with one of the scariest moments of his life. "Max? Where are you?" He flinched at your voice and hid the box inside his pocket. "Bathroom!" You walked up the stairs (because who the hell is gonna run up the stairs in heels) and made your way to the bathroom. "Wow, Maxamillion is looking fine." You mused looking in the door. Max looked at you through the mirror and smiled. "I do my best for you. Now, are we ready?" he asked turning around fully to you. "I'd say so. I don't have anything else to do." You replied. "You have me to do if that counts." you slapped his chest playfully earning a laugh from him. "I'm joking of course." You smiled and pulled him in by the neck for a kiss. "I love you." you sang. "I love you too but I think we should get going."

The evening went by in your eyes but for Max, it was torment. He just wanted to get this proposal thing out of the way. "Max? Are you alright?" you asked. Max snapped from his thoughts and found himself looking at your concerned face. "Me? Yeah. I'm fine. Why would you ask?" he rambled. "Well, you have been awfully distant all evening." You started. Max took a breath in and exhaled. "Okay, I'm not entirely okay. I have something on my mind and it's just-" he couldn't quite put a word to it. "Bugging you?" He nodded. "Well whatever it is, I'm sure we can get through whatever this is together Max." You smiled, reaching over to rub his hand. "Fair enough." He stuttered. You looked at him confused as he stood up only to kneel down on front of you. You eyes widened and your breath quickened. Was he really doing this?

"Y/n, we've been through a lot together. The ups, the downs, the highs, the lows. We've been through all of this together. I know I cause a lot of problems for everyone but you always somehow make it better. Life is better with you. I'm better with you. So," Max paused to take the box out of his pocket and to open it. "Y/n, will you marry me?" You were breathless looking at the intricate ring in the box. It looked beautiful, just perfect. "Max," Max prepared himself for the worst. He should have just waited until you got back home to do it so he wouldn't have embarrassed himself to this degree. "of course I'll marry you!" you squealed. Max looked at you, his face had dropped. "Seriously? You will?" he choked out. You nodded and brought his face closer to yours until you kissed. "Of course I will! Why wouldn't I?" Max took the ring out of the box and placed it onto your finger. Perfect fit. "Fits like a charm." You remarked. "It does." Max looked up and locked eyes with you before smiling like a fool. "I love you a lot, you know that right?" You chuckled and nodded. "I do and I love you too."

"And I love you more, future Mrs Verstappen."