🎶George Russell - Waterloo

Deducated to: stanreggie4clearskin

Y/n sat in the back garden of yet another cross family event. The Y/l/n family had been family friends with the Russell home since the moved to Kings Lyn. They lived quite close to eachother and the children were around the same age, so it was inevitable that the two households would become family friends. Y/n watched as her father spoke to Steve Russell by the barbecue, a peroni in hand as the two laughed about God knows what. "I can never quite understand what they always laugh about." Y/n felt the edges of her lips tug into a grin as she heard the all too familiar voice of her childhood friend George. "I would say dad things. Neither of us would understand those kinds of jokes of course unless you've got some kid in Singapore we don't know about." George laughed at her joke. "I wouldn't think I do. I can double check when I go back there if you'd like."

George handed Y/n a peroni. She of course took it and took a quick little sip before letting out a sigh. "So how was Canada? Must have enjoyed it." She said, trying to make conversation. "I liked it. I'm absolutely wrecked though." He replied. "You should try sleeping on the plane. It helps, I promise." Y/n smiled. "I was going to but then I remembered you insisted that I watch Bridgerton." Y/n found herself getting excited. "And? Did you like it?" George shrugged his shoulders. "It was alright, I suppose." Y/n arched a brow. "Don't lie, I know you secretly loved it." George scoffed. "I wouldn't dream of lying to you. That whole speech about her being the bane of his existence was pure bollocks!"

"George, don't ruin another show for me-"

"No, no, think about it. Why couldn't he have just called things off with Edwina? It would've made a lot more sense than whatever the fuck that was!" George said. "Anthony couldn't have done that, because then there would be controversy in the family and it would tarnish the Bridgerton name? I mean honestly, did you even watch it?" Y/n argued. "You're acting as if him having an affair with Edwina's sister didn't already tarnish the Bridgerton name. He was just a pussy-"

"George-"

"And stupid. He could have just asked Kate to marry him but no! He was a stubborn prick!" Y/n held the bridge of her nose, laughing. "Honestly, I liked Benedict. No drama at all, just exists." Y/n looked at him confused. "I shouldn't recommend shows to you anymore." Y/n muttered. "Brilliant. Glad we got that one sorted then." George smiled and clinked his bottle with hers. Y/n rolled her eyes and watched as he downed the rest of his bottle. "How many of those have you had, George?" She could have sworn he had over half a bottle left at the start of his arguing. "This would be my seventh now, Y/n." She took the empty bottle from him. "Do you think you maybe have a bit of a drinking problem?" She asked. George scoffed. "No. Course not."

Y/n was right as usual. He didn't stop at seven, hell he didn't even stop at ten. He kept on going, up until he had practically no sense of self control and threw himself everywhere. Alison, his mother was embarrassed as her son and husband sat doing karaoke from youtube in the garden and Y/n was embarrassed because her father had managed to join them. It started off with the usual karaoke songs, but as the two older men became bored of karaoke and wanted to go do something different, George somehow managed to start singing Abba. Y/n smiled as he sang practically every Abba song in existence. There wasn't a problem with George singing Abba, he usually did that, even sober. There was a problem with what George usually said during the intervals between different verses.

The night took a turn when George had turned on Waterloo. Y/n adored the song. She always found herself somehow humming along even if it wasn't playing. "Y/n! You coming up to sing?!" George shouted over. Y/n looked almost horrified. "George! Let's just stop while we're ahead, yeah?" Y/n had been trying to stop him from singing for ages but it of course wasn't working. "I promise I'll stop when you come sing a song with me! How's that sound?" He slurred. Y/n gave in for the good of everyone else. George grabbed onto her hand and began swaying with her as the music played for Waterloo.

Y/n was the one of the pair that was actually singing the correct words, while George looked confused at the screen and could only really sing the chorus, insisting he would absolutely nail the next verse. Thankfully, the song finished quickly enough and George finished his singing, leaving the two older men to come back and start singing their 70s and 80s rock songs. "Ooh! Karaoke!" George chirped. Y/n put his arm around her shoulder, pulling him away. "No, George. You promised you wouldn't do anymore karaoke if I sang with you." Y/n felt like she was running a daycare specifically for George Russell. She hated it. There was no other way to put it.

"Y/n, I think I need to get sick." George muttered. Y/n groaned at his words. "Okay, come on. Let's get you to a bathroom." The pair scurried around, holding onto eachother for dear life trying to get George to a bathroom on time. Once George had seen he was in a bathroom, he began throwing up, Y/n practically throwing him towards the toilet. She rubbed his back as he continued to vomit into the toilet bowl. It wasnt exactly how she wanted to spend her evening, but she would rather spend it with George than with anybody else. She loved him. She loved him more than she cared to admit, for years now. She can't pin point the exact moment, but she is pretty sure it was sometime in 2014.

She looked to George who had stopped vomiting, and not just trying to get his breath back. "You alright now?" She asked. George nodded and sat down across from her, leaning against the cold wall. "Oh your dress." George pointed out. Y/n looked down at her sundress and saw dribbles of what appeared to be George's vomit. "I am so sorry. I'll buy you a new one." George insisted. "That's not necessary. I can just go and wash it." The room fell silent. Neither could really say much else. "You can gp back down to the party. I'll be fine up here. You've been looking after me all evening." George was still quite drunk and in all honesty, Y/n didn't trust him to be on his own. "How about we just go watch a film George." George waved him arms about. "No, no. No more movie or show recommendations. We don't like the same things."

"I forgot to be honest. How about you just go to bed then?" George nodded. Y/n sat up to help George but he didn't want to get up. "Can we sit here a little bitomger though? I like it here." Y/n agreed and sat back down, this time beside him. "I sang Waterloo, right?" He asked. Y/n smiled and nodded her head, locking eyes with his deep blue ones. "I like that song. I love it I think." He says. "And why do you think that is?" Y/n asked him, genuinely curious. It didn't exactly fir his usual music genre. "I like that song so much because it kinda reminds me of you. You're always singing it or humming it and it just helps me think of you." Y/n felt frozen. Was this a confession of sorts. "Nothing like the memory of a good friend to keep you going, eh?" Brilliant. Now she just friend zoned herself. "Not exactly what I had in mind but we'll go with it." George said. "What exactly did you mean by it then?" She asked.

"It's nothing, really-"

"Oh come on, just tell me. It can't be that deep." George let out a sigh and looked at her lovingly. "Y/n, I like that song because it perfectly describes how my current situation with you is. That song puts into words how I feel about you. I genuinely feel like I couldn't love a person more in my life." He paused so Y/n could comprehend what was happening. "I love you Y/n. I have completely and utterly fallen in love with you. How's that compared to Anthony Bridgerton?" Y/n laughed, a few tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly and kissing his cheeks, over and over until a soft pink from her lipstick patterned his face. "Do I take this well?" George asked. "Yes you idiot! Who rejects someone by kissing them?!" She was crying now. "Don't cry. I'm not that bad, am I?" George joked, earning another laugh from Y/n. "No, it's not that it's just, I've liked you for years and I've been basically dreaming of this moment."

"So?" Y/n frowned at his question. "So what?" She asked. "When are you going to say it back?" Y/n leaned in closer, inches from George's lips. "You'll have to be weary of the fact that injust vomited, darling." George said. "I don't care, I've waited this long. I can't stand to wait another second." She stopped for a moment, leaning her forehead onto his. "I love you too, George Russell." Before finally clashing their lips together ina  kiss that was new, but felt so, so familiar. As if it was meant to be.

A/N: I'm so impressed with my productivity guys😂