❤️Robert Shwartzman - The Secret's Out

"So how long have you been together?"

---------------------------------------------------------

You lay in bed in the arms of Robert as the rain pattered against the window. You and Robert had been childhood friends and now that you were older, you had both been in a relationship. Your parents had to go on a trip for a while so you took this opportunity to have Robert stay at your place since your parents couldn't just barge in at any given time. You were studying at university and you couldn't exactly get the funds to afford your own house hence, you lived with your parents but you were looking for a house, a house you could maybe share with Robert.

The rain drizzled down the glass of the window but couldn't be seen past the condensation. "What are you doing up this early?" Robert's groggy voice said. "I don't know. I just got up really." Robert began to play with a strand of your hair and smiled. "Let's just stay in bed all day. No one is here to tell us not to." He said hopefully. You turned around to look at him and your eyes fell into the gaze of his chocolate brown ones. "Unfortunately for you Schwartzman, I like to be up and productive so get your ass out of bed until we start doing some work." Robert tightened his grip around your waist so it was now impossible to get out of his grasp. "Robert! Let me go! I need to water the plants!" you said desperately trying to get out of his arms. "The rain is doing that." I mean, he wasn't wrong. "Okay, then I have to sweep the floors." You said again. "You swept last night! Just lay with me for five more minutes! Please?" He pouted and of course, you couldn't say no. You relaxed into his arms and lay your head in his chest, listening to the steady beats of his heart. "I might stay here all day actually." You chuckled. "Why the sudden change of mood?"

"Because I just get to cuddle you all day." Robert looked at you lovingly and completely entranced by your beauty. He began to close the gap between you when your front door swung open and closed again. "Y/n! We're home!" Home? What where they doing home so soon? "Shit! Get to the wardrobe!" Robert scurried into the wardrobe and awaited the time when he could leave. Your mum came upstairs and sighed as she saw you in bed or at least you thought. "Hi mum!" You chirped. "What are you hiding?" She said in a disapproving tone. "N-nothing." You stuttered. "Okay," she paused to pick up a jumper. "I don't think I've ever seen you in a Tommy Hilfiger jumper." busted. "Okay, okay. Fine. You can come out now." Robert reluctantly opens the wardrobe and waves awkwardly to your mum. "At least you have clothes on Robert." Your mum mumbled. "Now please explain!"

And that leaves us here. "How long have you been together?" Your dad asked. Neither of you wanted to talk or say anything butt you knew the situation would get worse. "I- a few months." you said close to a whisper. "Well, I did tell you." Your mum said to your dad. You and Robert looked at each other confused. "What?" Your parents chuckled and explained, "We've known a while, we just wanted to see how long until you told us." You weeree shocked. You thought you were so secretive. "How did they find out about us?" Robert whispered. You shrugged your shoulders. "You aren't that good at hiding things. Whenever we're at parties with your family, you aren't as close as you useed to be but you still stare at each other. It's not that hard to figure out."

"So, you aren't angry?" You asked. "No! Of course not! He's probably the best person for you to date." they smiled. "He is the best guy." You added. "Exactly, so why would we be angry?" they asked. "I don't know. Just a thought." The two of them chuckled and turned around to leave. "Well, hurry up and get down for breakfast." and that is all they said beforec they closed the door. Robert turned to you with furrowed eyebrows. "That went better than expected." You nodded in agreement. "So what now?" Robert chuckled. "What do you mean what now? I can call you my girlfriend. That's what." You smiled. Itt was true. Finally, you could both be a couple out in the open. You could be happy, at long last.