💔George Russell - Blame

Things with George haven't been so good recently. He's been so distant and just angry for no reason at all and his mood only got worse today, because now he had a first lap incident and had to retire the car. Y/n held her head in her hands feeling an overwhelming feeling of disappointment. It was looking so promising from practise and qualifying but unfortunately, the brit couldn't make it as far as he wanted. George walked back to the pits and began apologising to the mechanics and other members of the pit crew. Y/n offered a smile as he walked by her, only receiving a cold look in return. Y/n followed George to his driver room and sat down on the sofa. "So are you doing alright?" she asked trying to make some conversation. "How do you think I'm doing? I literally just crashed out." He said coldly. "Well I'm sorry, I just-" George groans in frustration. "Can you just shut up? None of this would happen if you would have been quiet. I could hear you on the bloody radio and I couldn't focus." Now that was some bullshit.

"Is it my fault that you didn't finish the fucking race?" you shouted. "Did I say it was your fault?" he responded. "You literally told me to shut up and that itwas my fault George!" George scoffed and continued on changing into his normal clothes. "George! Can you at least look at me?" George sighed and turned around to look at you but he didn't feel like he was looking at you. It felt like he was looking at some broken girl trying her best to look at least happy. "You're so distant and you're right next to me!" George's heart ached at her words. He was holding her back. George thought for a while and figured he'd regret his decision short term but long term, it would probably be the best for them. "Then maybe you should leave." Y/n gulped and let a few tears slip. "Are you serious right now?" she asked breathlessly. George took a breath in and nodded. "If you hate how I am, maybe you should leave." Y/n couldn't control the tears anymore and they just kept flowing and they weren't going to slow down anytime soon. Y/n grabbed her purse and other belongings and made her way to the door. "I don't hate youu George, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me but I can't be treated like this." and away she walked, never to be seen by George again.

George did knuckle down and focus. He managed to win a championship but something still wasn't right. He did live to regret his decision and even to this day, with a world championship and one of the most successful drivers on the current f1 grid, he still missed his one, his only, Y/n.