🎶Mick Schumacher - Driver's License Part 3

You walked into the coffee shop, looking around until your eyes landed on a beautiful blonde girl in the corner, smiling. That must be her, the one that wanted to talk to you. You walked up to her slowly, swallowing the lump in your throat as you let the nerves engulf you. "Mia?" She nodded in response. "Hey, I'm Y/n. Its lovely to meet you." You said taking a seat. "You wanted to talk?" Mia leaned forward. "Listen, I know you and Mick used to be in a relationship." You froze. "I'm not angry, bot at all but I think he still loves you." The thoughts didn't even compute in your mind, it was bizarre. "I'm sure he loves you, maybe you're over thinking it?"

"I appreciate you trying to make me feel better but it's not going to work. Y/n, he doesn't even show that he's interested in me, he pretends. He looks around for someone, probably you and he made up his favourite place, some random stop sign." Mia rambled. "Where was this stop sign?" You asked, curiously. "Why should it matter?" you shrugged your shoulders. "Two streets down that way." Mia said pointing left. "It makes sense then." Mia looked at her confused. "How does it make any sense?" She asked. You breathed in and told her "We kissed there for the very first time, but surely it doesn't mean he doesn't love you." Mia shook her head. "I know it seems way off Y/n, but trust me, he loves you. Just think about what I said." and with that, she grabbed her bag and walked out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Mick walked into his apartment he shared with Mia to find a few suitcases and boxes all over the place. He knotted his eyebrows in confusion and looked up to Mia, holding a box. "What are you doing? You just moved in." Mick said walking over to her. "Mick, don't make this any harder." she said placing the box onto another. "What do you mean? I don't understand. Where are you going? What's going on?" Mia spun around and looked at him, tears at the ready. "I'm leaving Mick and I'm never coming back, because I know about Y/n." Mick froze, completely engulfed with shock. "I know you've been thinking of her non stop and I know you love her more than you could ever love me. She was and always will be your first choice as a girlfriend, I'm just here to try and fill that void in your heart, that space in your bed, those silent moments where you would usually talk to someone, that seat in your car. I'm just here, Mick." Mick didn't want to admit it but that is how he felt. No one could replace Y/n, no one.

"Thank you for the memories Mick. I'll never forget them." Mick smiled softly and grabbed one of her boxes. "Let me help you out. It's the least I can do." Mia smiled, a tear threatening to fall from her eyes. She knew she had done right. She placed all the boxes into the trunk of Mick's car and sat down next to him. "So tell me, what do you love about her?" Mick let out a sigh, thinking of every feature of her. "Everything honestly. She's just magical, the way she talks, the way she looks, absolutely everything-" Mia stopped listening gradually but watched at how happy he seemed talking about Y/n. His eyes lit up, his smile genuine as he poured his heart and soul out. She could only describe it as something out of the movies, something she'd always dreamed of and hopefully one day, something she'd get.

---------------------------------------------------------

Y/n sat at the top of the cliff once again, a coca cola in hand Since she couldn't drink alcohol with the whole driving home thing. She blasted Better by Jeremy Passion from her stereo and smiled to herself once again finding herself watching over the beautiful twinkly town. "I've been searching, for something that gives me a similar feeling to what I only feel with you." she hummed. The sound of a car came into listening range, followed by headlights. She didn't bother looking back, she kept her head straight ahead. The doors opened and closed and then came the footprints growing ever so louder with each passing step before stopping next to her. "Got nay room for one more?" Y/n looked up and saw Mick with his hands in his pockets. "Always room for one more." Mick smiled and sat down beside her as she passed him a Coke. "So, what brings you here Mr Schumacher?" she asked sipping her drink. "Not much Ms Y/l/n. You know, this drink isn't exactly what I expected you'd be drinking." Mick laughed. "Well, I have to drive home so I don't really have a choice." Mick nodded in understanding. "Makes sense I suppose." A silence grew amongst the pair, passed byy twiddling of thumbs and playing with hair, basically doing anything but talking. Y/n battled in her mind whether she should bring up Mia or not but boldly decided to do so.

"I was talking to that Mia girl today. She seems lovely." Mick nodded. "She did, didn't she?" Y/n looked at him confused. "You didn't kill her did you?" Mick laughed and shook his head. "No, of course not. I mean she left me. Well, we agreed on it." Y/n bitt the inside of her lip. "I'm so sorry to hear that. She doesn't know what she's missing." Mick looked over to Y/n, gazing deep into her eyes. "She does know, but she also knows I love someone else." Y/n felt as though she couldn't breath. "No Mick. Absolutely not." Mick was taken back by the answer, not exactly what he was expecting. "What? What do you mean?" he asked as she stood up and walked back to her car. "I mean no, I'm not gonna hurt myself again for the sake of whatever this stupid thing is. You think you can just dump me, go off with some other girl a month later and walk back into myy life for me to accept you just like that? No! It's nott that simple! Love isn't that simple and you need to understand that! For all you know, I could be talking to someone else!" she shouted back to him. "Then why are you still here? If you were truly over me why are you here listening to love songs from your radio?" She couldn't answer so she just got into her car, but what she didn't expect was for Mick to follow her in. "Mick, get out of my car now!"

"No! I won't! Not until you tell me why you are looking for a fight!" Y/n slammed her palms hard onto the horn of the steering wheel, making Mick flinch. "Do you really want to know?" Mick nodded slowly. "Okay, if a girl like that doesn't have a chance with you, what the fuck are my chances? Youu literally left me for her and now you've come back to me. How do I know this isn't going to happen again?" Mick looked at her, pain visible in his blue eyes. "I- you'll have to take my word." She laughed quietly to herself and turned back around to face the city once more, her hand resting lightly on the steering wheel. "I did take your word last time and now look where we are." Mick looked away from her and out to the view too. "I promised I'd love youu forever and I haven't stopped, not even for a second. I could keep on saying I didn't but I did. I always did."

"That's the thing. Once you say you don't love someone, it doesn't matter if youu don't mean it, it's the thought of it that matters. You said it yourself, you denied it so therefore you tried to fuck it over and stop it from happening. How do I know I can trust you now?" Mick focused on his hand now, trying to not burst into tears. "You know what? You can't entirely trust me, not until I prove it to you so that's exactly what I'm going to do." Y/n didn't even move. She just kept looking out the window. "And how exactly are you going to do that Mick?" she croaked. "I was going to say something big and extravagant but I know you don't like those kinda things." Y/n smiled to herself as Mick remembered such a small detail about her. "How exactly are you going to do that Mick?" She looked beside her and saw Mick taking something from his pocket which made her gasp. "Is that?" A little flower necklace. She recognised it. She wore it when she was little, when she and Mick had first met. Y/n gave it to him because he was pushed by someone and he liked the colour it was so it cheered him up and after all those years, he kept it.

"If I can keep this necklace long enough, I can keep you too. Just take my word for it and trust me. I really love you Y/n, I won't let you go again." Y/n smiled and took the necklace in her hands. "Okay Mick. I trust you." and not for even a second, was that trust broken as now, Y/n and Mick drove through the suburbs with two glimmering wedding rings between them and a little baby in the backseat.