❤️Robert Shwartzman - Kisses And Apologies

Robert woke up and rolled over, expecting to have a body beside him, only to be disappointed by the bed being empty other than himself being in it. He lay onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. The sweet scent of her perfume still lingered on the air. Things hadn't exactly been going to plan relationship wise for Robert and his girlfriend. She left a few days ago and she needed some time to think and every single second basically pained him to think about. What if she was second guessing their relationship? He couldn't bare to be away from her. He was going insane, so much so that he swore he saw her shadow but no. Just his imagination he supposed.

He wanted to tell her everything he'd ever thought now. He always thought she was perfect, always thought hs e was the one, no. He knew it. But he couldn't now. She was gone, she had been gone for aong while now and she hadn't called or texted him to see how he was doing. Not to bore you with the messy details but an argument broke out, neither one knowing how it started but it got heated quickly and nothing could put out the fire that was their anger so the only logical thing Y/n knew to do was to leave until things cooled down. Robert's mind was running in circles over and over again, wondering if she was contemplating leaving him.

Y/n however, would never dream of it. She was thinking, but it was more remembering and remenising to be perfectly honest. She remembered all the good times they had from when they were children at the playground up until they were 'adults' at the race track and she loved it all. She wished they were there right then. Y/n felt her phone buzz and opened it up to see a video from Robert. He looked like he'd been crying. She opened up the video and watched as his voice croaked out a few words.

"Hi Y/n. I know we had a fight nd I know you're probably still angry with me but I just thought I'd send this to keep you up to date with how I'm doing." He paused. Y/n's heart ached for him. "I've been better I guess. I've been listening to your music over and over again, dancing and laughing as if you were beside me, rewatching old videos of us and just smiling. The only thing that's missing here right now is you. I know you're only one call away but that's the problem. You aren't in the next room, you aren't even in the same town. You're on the phone." She heard the hurt in his voice. "Anyway, I've been listening to your music as I said before and I decided to make my own playlist for you and its just exactly everything I want to say. I don't know if you'll listen to me, but I know you will listen to this song. I love you. Please, please come back. Its not the same." The video ended and Y/n felt the tears prick her eyes. She missed him an awful lot more now.

Robert sat at the kitchen island eating his dinner. He wasn't used to eating without his beloved Y/n beside him or at least talking to him. Even on race weekends, he had her on the phone. He felt completely empty. The doorbell rang through the apartment, making Robert perk up. Who could that possibly be? He stood up and walked over to the door and peaked through the peep hole. Y/n stood at the door holding her arms close to her. Robert wasted no time opening the door for her. She looked up and before she could even get a word in, she found herself engulfed in a massive hug which she of course returned the favour. "I'm sorry." Robert whispered into her ear. Y/n smiled and held him even tighter. "I'm sorry too." she replied. "I don't ever want to let you go again." he said pulling away from the hug. "Me neither. I missed you way too much." The pair gazed lovingly at each other for a while until they gradually began to close the gap between them to meet in a soft yet passionate kiss, almost as if they hadn't kissed in a century.

This feeling was so familiar, yet so different than any other time they had kissed. This time, they appreciated it a bit more knowing fine rightly that they might not have had the chance to kiss the other ever again. They slowly pulled away and found themselves holding each other again. "So is my apology accepted?" Robert joked, earning a quiet laugh from his girlfriend. "Of course it is." she replied.

"I love you."
"I love you even more."