💔Dan Ticktum - No Need

Dan sat opposite of his friend Y/n who was quietly reading a book, still maddened by the hour or so prior to this. A fight broke out between the two and to be honest, both are to blame. Y/n lett jealousy take the wheel and control her actions, initiating the brawl but on the other side, Dan broke a promise. They had been sitting in silence for what felt like hours now and neither wanted to speak up because both were too proud to give in. Y/n could have sat there for hours not speaking, that's practically what she did when Dan brought girls back to the apartment. Dan let out a loud sigh and decided he was going to speak first. "I know you hate me-"

"I don't hate you Dan, I'm just disappointed." Dan furrowed his eyebrows. "And why is that?" he asked. "You turned into everything you promised you'd never be." That promise. He promised he'd never be a complete and utter asshole. He promised he'd make sure she was okay and listen to her when she needed it and now here he was, still not entirely listening. "I don't see what the big deal is. It was just a promise." he scoffed. "It's not what a person tells you that matters, it's how they treat you that reveals their true feelings." she replied. "Oh do elaborate." Dan spat. Y/n looked up from her book and squinted her eyes challengingly. "Okay then, since your tiny mind can't compute what I'm saying, let me elaborate for you. Their character is revealed not from the promises they make, more sso the promises they keep." Dan sat back and propped his foot onto his other leg. "Oh trust you to be philosophical."

"Philosophical or smart?" she asked quickly. "I'd say neither-"
"Well you just said I was philosophical so make up your mind Dan." He was getting fed up of this bickering now. "Look, just because you're scared of promises-"
"Correction, I'm scared of big promises." she corrected. Dan rolled his eyes. "And why is that, might I ask?" Y/n breathed in and looked around the room. "Maybe because when people make a big promise like 'I'll always be there', I'll be there after a month and they'll be nowhere to be found. You might nott understand this Dan but always is a long time, always is forever." Dan felt a chill go down his spine. Now she was being deep. "But why are you so bothered by my lack of commitment?"

"Dan Ticktum! Im trying to scare these women away because they're all looking for the same thing as me, a committed man to be my one and only but that's not what you are and you yourself have just admitted that. I don't want these girls to fall for you, just so you can kick them to the curb, like you did with me." Dan sucked in a sharp breath. Admittedly, they were fuck buddies, but both of them admitted it was nothing. Then Dan got tired of the same woman every night and just decided to change it up, especially because he wasn't in a romantic tie with anybody. "And it hurts Dan, it hurts to know you'll never look at me the way I look at you." Dan looked at her eyes, filled with pain. He really hurt her. He didn't realise it and now by the time he figured it out, there was nothing he could do.

"What do you want me to say?" Dan asked. "Do you want me to say I love you? I do! I really do I just don't know how to express it properly!" He screamed. "So you would give up everything for me? Would you?" Dan was stuck for words. There were things he wouldn't, more so couldn't. The hésitation and silence was all she needed for an answer. She chuckled and walked to her room. "What Are you doing?" Dan asked, following her. "I'm packing my bags and I'm leaving Dan." she replied calmly. "What? No! You can't!" Y/n scoffed. "I can and that's what I'm doing Dan." Dan pulled the suitcase away from her and kept a firm grip on it. "What will it take for me to keep you?" Y/n didn't answer. "You'll get the bag back if you tell me what I can do to keep you." he was almost in tears by now. "Okay fine, just answer this question honestly." Dan nodded his head. "If you have to choose between me and that girl who left who would you choose?" Words formed in his head, butt wouldn't come out. "Because let me tell you something Dan, if itts taking you this long to answer, just choose her because if it was me, there'd be no other choice." She snatched her suitcase back and began packing her clothes into it. Dan walked out and started devising a plan to keep her somehow. He didn't want to lose her.

Y/n walked out with her case and her coat, ready to go. Her heart broke é with every step she took. In a brilliant moment of mind to mouth association, Dan just started stuttering words. "What about all the truths I've told, all thee other promise sive kept?" he asked trailing after her again. "One lie can ruin a thousand truths." She continued on. "Stop being philosophical and tell me what you want!" Y/n sat down in front of him again and just looked at him. "Dan, I wish I never met you to be completely honest." Dan felt his heart shattering as she said that. "Then there would be no need to impress you, no need to want you, no need for loving you, no need for crying over you-" she paused as the sobs soon took over her. "No need for heartbreaks, no need for pain or for tears, no need for forgotten promises, no need for rejected hugs, no need for crying myself to sleep, no need for acting like you care or telling myself you care, no need for everything you've done to make me feel like absolutely nothing." He couldn't speak. That was his last line of defense and she'd just broken through it again. She stood up and walked towards the door, wheeling her suitcase behind her. This was the end now, surely.

"Wait!" Y/n stopped dead in her tracks, her hand on the door handle. "Would you give up everything for me?" Dan asked. Y/n looked back at him teary eyed and gave a light-hearted smile. "I already have." and with that, she walked out the door leaving Dan to pick up the pieces of his broken heart but who cares? Hee broke her before she broke him and right now, she didn't know which one hurt more

A/N: I just wanna say, I don't think of Dan this way at all its just for the story😊