🎶Marcus Armstrong - Just The Two Of Us

"Marcus, I'm going to fall." You chuckled as Marcus guided you forward. "You just have to trust me babe." He chuckled. You lifted your hands up to try and pry his own hands off your eyes but it was no use. He was stronger. "I'm offended that you don't trust me!" Marcus gasped. "Last time I was in this situation, you ended up throwing me in the pool! I think I have a right to not trust you this one time Marcus!" Marcus chuckled and comntinued guiding her forward. "Okay I need to go be part of the surprise so keep your eyes closed for me babe." You let out a groan but agreed. You heard him scurrying about butt still not knowing what the hell he was doing. You heard a loud clash, presuming that something had fallen and maybe even broken by the sound of Marcus' 'fuck' as it fell.

"Can I open my eyes yet?" you asked. "In a second, I'm cleaning." He replied. "Marcus Armstrong! I leave the house for an hour and it's messed?" you joked. "It'll be worth it I promise." he reassured you so you kept your eyes closed that little bit longer until Marcus decided it was the right time to let you see the big surprise. "Okay, ready babe?" A dopey grin crept onot your face as you nodded your head excitedly. "Alright. Open your eyes." Your eyes fluttered open and widened as you looked around at the beautiful scene. A coffee table full of junk food, blankets and pillows at the ready for a pillow fort, the speaker soft music, all dimly lit by the lights turned down a bit. You were lost for words. He'd really outdone himself this time. "So what do you think?"

"It's perfect." you replied breathlessly. "All of my favourite things in one place." You paused. "Oh and you of course." Marcus raised his eyebrows at your joke. "Really? I went out of my way to do this and you say something like that?" He chuckles. "Where should we begin?" You looked around wondering what you should do first but also wanting to do everything. "How about we build thee fort while stuffing our faces?" you suggested which was an obvious and immediate yes so the pair of you got to work. You chatted amongst yourselves, occasionally trying to chuck a sweet or something into the others mouth and failing and by that I mean Marcus was the one that caught the sweets, you not so much.

"I think we did good babe." Marcus said letting out a sigh as tthe fort stood tall and proud in front of you. "We did, didn't we?" you said finally standing up. "Oh I love this song." Marcus listened out for what song this was and smiled softly as he heard the opening melody of 'Just The Two Of Us' playing. "May I have this dance?" he asked, lifting his hand up to meet yours. "Of course you can Mr Armstrong." The pair of you danced around with each other, forgetting any problems, any anything really butt your anxiety shot up to a hundred when Marcus pulled away from you and let out a deep sigh, as jf he was about to say something. "I actually need to get this out of the way first." he began. "I'm not just doing this because I'm leaving for the training camp tomorrow, I'm doing all of this for a different reason." You began fidgeting with your hands as you became more and more nervous by the second. "Look, you're a great girl, I love you a lot but I just don't think we work out as a couple." You swore you felt your heart shatter, almost on the verge of tears. "I think we'd work better as something more." Now that caught youu off guard. You were frozen, blinking every so often and not knowing what to even ask or where to begin. "Y/n, I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you honestly. You're just perfect in every way. From the way your hair sits on your head to how your hand fits with mine-"
"You asked Callum for help with this speech, didn't you?" you chuckled. "I actually didn't. I wrote itt myself and I practised it all day sweetheart." You squealed at the little nickname. "Wait Marcus no. This isn't fair at all." Marcus knotted his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I didn't get anything for you." you whined as Marcus pulled you closer to sway with you. "Babe, I'm asking you to marry me. I don't expect you to have anything for me." he laughed. "And besides, I don't care. Even if you know I spent all day on this and you're just enjoying it-"
"Fuck you!" you laughed. "Maybe later but as I was saying-" he paused as he heard your contagious laugh fill the room and almost drown out the smooth voice of Grover Washington. "I love you and I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you so please, will you do me the honours of being your husband." Marcus kneelt down on one knee and pulled out...a haribo jelly ring? "I lost the ring in the car and I couldn't find it so I went for the next best thing." You snickered at the light-hearted banter but knowing Marcus, it probably wasn't a joke. "But in all seriousness sweetheart, I love you a lot. So can we get married?" You looked between the jelly ring and Marcus, a wide smile still on your face. "Of course I will!" you squealed. Marcus slid the little jelly ring onto your finger and pulled you in for a loving kiss. The first of many for sure, the first of many, for the knewwly engaged couple.