🎶Stoffel Vandoorne - Man Who Can't Be Moved

Stoffel was awake and he couldn't sleep. He missed something in his arms and that something was in her new apartment living her best life probably. He didn't like going back to that place, it was always so painful but he kept going back so tonight wasn't any different. Stoffel stood up and went to throw some clothes on before grabbing his coat and walking. Rain. How much better could tonight get? Stoffel walked, the rain pounding against him and the wind pushing him back, almost to tell him it's not worth it mate, go back. He couldn't. He wouldn't be able to sleep until he got there.

He finally reached his destination and let out a sigh, his hot breath dancing with the cold air. The corner of the bakers shop. It shut down a while ago but that's where the two met. He still remembers it like it was yesterday, and it pains him every time he comes back but he can't help himself. He remembers how it began lashing rain. First day in England already off to a bad start. He ran into shelter, his suitcase banging off his heels almost every step of the way. He let out a loud relieved sigh as he finally reached somewhere he could be dry. Y/n was stood inside cleaning up the counter when she saw him. She admired him from afar. He looked so lovely, it was a pleasure looking at him. A small smiled grew on her lips as an idea grew in her head. She took out a five pound note from her pocket and took a pastry and tea. She of course gave the five pounds to her boss before walking out with the offering. Stoffel pulled out his phone ot see where he was now. He hadn't a clue where to be and for Zac or one of the other McLaren guys to pick him up, he'd need to find out where he was. "Excuse me?" Stoffel looked up to see a living breathing angel standing in front of him. Her hair was messy but it suited her and her eyes were full of light and joy, setting his heart ablaze. "You look cold so I brought you something. I hope you don't mind." Y/n said stretching out to hand him a bag and cup. "Thank you so much. It's freezing." That smile. "Oh, could you actually tell me where I am? I don't even know."

"Where are you meant to be?" she asked interested. "Woking." he replied. "Well, you're in Woking alright." Stoffel began eating the pastry and looked around at the busy people. "Are you a mechanic?" He turned around to see her face once again. "It's just a guess. You're wearing McLaren stuff." she pointed out. "Oh yeah. I'm actually a driver." Y/n just stared blankly at him. "Really? I'm so sorry for wasting you time. You probably have somewhere to be-" She began to walk away but was brought back by Stoffel. "No please. It's nice having company especially on a day like this."

And that's where it all began, fast forward to now where Stoffel was by himself running through the memory again like it was an old scene from a movie. If it was, it would be his favourite scene. He just loved that memory. He sat there for a while clearing his head, the occasional couple walking by with umbrella over their heads. He was one of those couples once. If he could, he'd just stay there for the rest of his life but he had places to be which is why he always left. He stood up and looked around one last time before deciding it was time to go home and walked away, leaving the sweet memories to rest. He knew he'd be back by the end of the week anyway.

As Stoffel turned the corner, an all to familiar girl walked around the corner. She smiled as she remenised about the good old days when she wasn't so unlucky with love and she had him by her side. She sat down and took in a breath of air as she allowed the memories to flow back into her mind, a huge grin plastered there. Her happy place almost.

Stoffel felt around in his pockets and realised his phone wasn't there. He let out an annoyed groan and walked the short journey back to retrieve it. When he went back, he was surprised to see someone there. Could it be her? Could it be his beloved Y/n? "Y/n?" he asked almost breathlessly. She sucked in a sharp breath as she heard the familiar accent fill her ears to the brim. "Stoffel." she replied. "Might I ask what you're doing here?" Stoffel sat down beside her as the pair just stared blankly out onto the road. "I just forgot my phone." he responded. "And before that?" He knotted his brows. "What? You would have had to be here before to have left your phone behind so I'm guessing you were here." He nodded his head slowly. "So what were you doing here?"

"I always go here when I need to think." Y/n nodded as she herself understood. "I do that too. So what are you thinking about then?" Stoffel chuckled and looked at her. "Full of questions aren't you?" Y/n shrugged her shoulders. "Why don't you tell me why you're here then?" Stoffel prompted. Y/n's grin softened to a light smile as she remembered what she wanted to do. "I thought I'd come back here before I did what I was planning to do." she explained. "And what would that be?" There was a comfortable silence. "Text you." The pair looked at each other for a while nefor e laughing with each other. "You had to think before you texted me?" She nodded. "It's stupid, I know."

"It's not stupid. I do it too. I'd write out a whole paragraph for you. Sometimes I'd spend ten minutes just staring at it, I'd want to press send but my thumb justf won't let me and then it gets deleted in a matter of seconds." Stoffel explained. The pair just looked at each other. "So, you miss me, I miss you. We both still love each other. Where does this leave us?" Stoffel asked, breaking the short silence. They missed just talking to each other and they both desperately wanted to just go on with their lives, maybe even start where they left off but as adults, they both understood that for now, friends would probably make more sense. "Well, I don't think it would be good to just jump back into it. I think with time, we'll be able to go back to how we were." Y/n smiled and Stoffel agreed 100%. "Well then Y/n, my good friend, I look forward to picking you up for breakfast tomorrow morning." Y/n chuckled at the Belgian and nodded. "That would be a good place to start, wouldn't it?" There was a moment of buffer before the two realised how tired they were and how much they were anticipating the next morning. "Well then, I'll see you tomorrow." Stoffel said first. "Of course you will Stof." she replied softly. An angel, an actual angel. "Goodnight Y/n." he dreamily said. "Goodnight Stoffel. Sweet dreams." she added before blowing a kiss and walking the other way, back home.

"Sweet dreams Y/n."