🏎️George Russell - Imola

Imola was a beautiful track full of exciting racing through every single turn. George, a Williams driver decided that he would bring his girlfriend of a year Y/n to the Imola Grand Prix since she had the week off from university. The weekend had been going well for George and Y/n loved seeing her boyfriend thriving. She spent a lot of time with Sandra, the girlfriend of Nicholas Latifi and honestly, was living her best life. The race came around and George had a magnificent start, he absolutely killed it. Everything was going smoothly and it was looking like an easy points finish.

Halfway through the race, George was making a move. Y/n held her breath and crossed her fingers hoping he was going to be fine and just get the overtake done with but then it happened. She froze as the two cars tangled with each other and crashed, stopping in the gravel. Sandra grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "He's fine, he's moving." Y/n let out a shakey breath and held her head in her hands as Sandra rubbed her back trying to help her to calm down.

A good ten minutes had passed and George walked into the pits. He was absolutely fuming, he just didn't want to be there. He looked over to his girlfriend who offered him a small smile and something just made him worse. He stormed off into his driver room not even talking to anybody. Y/n had never seen him this way before. He'd never walked by her without at least saying hello so she had a fair idea of how severe this situation was. She looked over to Sandra, sharing the same look of surprise and confusion. "I think I should go check on him." she said to Sandra, collecting her stuff to go over. "I think that's a good idea but don't let him give you shit sweetie. They aren't exactly in the best mindset after a shunt like that."

Y/n bid Sandra a farewell and  ventured out into the paddock towards the Williams hospitality. She scanned herself in and walked cautiously towards the driver rooms in case one of them came bounding out. She stood at George's room for a second before hesitantly knocking his door lightly. "Come in." he grunted. Y/n pushed the door through and saw George with his jeans on and a Williams shirt in his hands. "Hiya Georgie." she said trying to make him chuckle with the Pennywise reference which worked to an extent, earning a small smile and chuckle from him. "Are you okay?" she asked. George let out a sigh and nodded. "I guess. I have to go to the stewards soon and then do some media and then," he paused to pull Y/n close. "then, you have me all to yourself." Y/n grinned as George bent down a bit to kiss the tip her nose.

"I'm so sorry by the way." George added. Y/n knotted her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked. George kept looking down at her. "Well your first race isn't exactly how I expected it to go."
"It didn't but hey, at least you're still in one piece." she smiled. "You always look for a bright side, don't you?"
"There's always a bright side, Georgie." she said in a creepy voice making George laugh yet again and just like that, he was back to his somewhat happy self.