❤️Carlos Sainz Jr - Blind Date

Y/n sat fiddling with her thumbs in her seat awaiting for her blind date to come along. Her friend had sorted out the date for her to get to know someone and she was absolutely fine with it but she didn't even know who this man would be. She kind of just hoped he was a decent human being. The door of the coffee shop opened up and in walked a good looking foreign man. He looked around and spotted Y/n sitting alone. He smiled to himself as he figured he'd basically hit the jackpot before realising that wasn't his date. His date wasn't even at that coffee shop. She cancelled. So much for trusting his friends to set him up with people. Carlos ordered a coffee and looked back to the miserable looking woman. She looked so lonely, maybe she would like some company. "Excuse me, could you actually make that two please?" he asked the barista. He didn't know if she liked coffee or not but atc this point he was just going with it.

He thanked the barista for his order and went over to talk to her. "Excuse me? Do you mind if I sit here?" The woman looked up to him with a warm smile on her face. "Why not? Go ahead." Carlos sat down and slipped a coffee over to her. "I got you a coffee just in case I was bothering you." he explained. "You aren't bothering me at all. Thank you for the coffee." she said sipping it. "I'm Carlos." he said stretching his hand out. "Y/n." she replied. "What a beautiful name." he remarked, causing a bit of a blush to creep onto her cheeks. "So why are you here alone?" he asked. "Oh, my date cancelled so here I am."
"What a coincidence. My date cancelled too." Y/n and Carlos just smiled at each other. They had more in common than the other thought.

Carlos and Y/n continued talking for a good hour or so. They learned so much about the other but Carlos wanted to know her a little bit better, so he grabbed his coat before he asked her to go elsewhere. "How about we go to the park or something?" he asked her. Y/n thought for a moment and nodded in agreement. "Sure. There's a lovely park around here." Y/n replied also getting her coat. The pair walked out, happily chatting amongst themselves before a very familiar car drove around the corner and rolled the window down to reveal the person they both figured it would be. "Charles, what are you doing here?" Y/n asked walking up to the car. Carlos was a bit confused as to why Y/n knew who Charles was. "I thought I'd come to pick you up but it seems like you have good company." Charles grinned. "It seems that way." Y/n chucked. Charles looked over to Carlos and waved. "Hey Carlos."

Y/n took her turn in confusion now. "You know him?" she asked. Carlos nodded in response. "Yes. I'm his new teammate." Carlos said. "So I take it myy plan worked since you ended up meeting." The pair were both very confused which Charles picked up on and decided to explain himself. "I didn't get you seperate dates, you were each others dates. I decided to cancel though just to prove a point and it appears that it has worked." Charles mused. Y/n bit her lip. Was she really that predictable? "And how did you know it would work then?" Carlos asked folding his arms. "Simple. Carlos, you are basically a lady magnet. You would see her alone and think you could be her friend of sorts." Charles smiled before turning to his other friend. "And my dear Y/n, you would be too shy to tell him to leave you alone. I basically just predicted how both of you would react to seeing each other and go with that."

"Then why did you come to pick me up?" Y/n asked. "I'm going to be honest, I just wanted to know whether or not you two had managed to go on a date together." Charles replied. "Well, I should get going but have fun you two." he said turning his car on. "And don't forget to use protection!"
"Charles!"
"I'm kidding! I know you both like going to a dinner first." And with that he drove away, leaving Y/n and Carlos in a bit of an awkward silence. "So...where do we go from here?" Carlos asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. Y/n smiled softly and took out a pen. "Show me your hand." Carlos knotted his eyebrows and obided by her before she wrote a few numbers, presumably her phone number, ont to his hand. "Here's my number. I have to go now unfortunately but I would really like to see you again Carlos." Lucky him, because he wanted to see her again too. "Well I'll see you on the second date then, yes?" Carlos asked. "Absolutely." Y/n pulled Carlos in and pecked his cheek before they shared their goodbyes and went seperate ways, but will undoubtedly cross paths again...