❤️Lando Norris - Nerves

Lando's hand was shaking as he picked out the clothes he was going to wear to this dinner with your family. Something smart? No. Something casual? No! What? What should he wear? "Lando?" and then, the soft angelic voice of his girlfriend Y/n put his mind at ease. "Are you alright?" Lando nodded and awaited her hug which he soon got. "Don't be nervous. I won't let him do anything stupid." Lando snuggled into her shoulder more and smiled at the scent of her perfume. "I wasn't nervous. Why would you think I'd be nervous?" A grin appeared on her face. "Is my Lando baby scared?" Lando hesitated but after a while, he nodded slowly. "Why though? They aren't that scary."

"Well, your dad can be quite scary." Lando said. "No he isn't. He's a sweetheart." She said trying to make her dad seem a little better than he was. She had to admit, sometimes he was scary but once you got to know him, he was much nicer. "Just throw on a jumper and we'll go from there. How about that?" Lando nodded and retreated back to his wardrobe to get a jumper. "This one alright?" He asked, returning back out with a grey jumper on. "Perfect. Are you ready?" Lando let out a shakey breath and nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm ready."

The car ride was short and awkward with very few words being shared. He gulped as he drove into the driveway and he broke into a coldsweat. Lando felt a warm hand rest on his and he looked over to the sweet, beaming face of his girlfriend yet again. "You'll bee fine." Lando smiled and got out of the car holding a bouquet of flowers for Y/n's mum. He knocked on the door a few times and awaited the door tto he opened. A woman opened the door and was already smiling. "Y/n!" She squealed. Y/n hugged the woman so it was probably her mum. "Oh darling, you look gorgeous." She said cupping Y/n's cheeks. "And this must be Lando." She said grabbing hold of Lando and pulling him in for a hug. "That's me. Oh, I've brought you flowers. Y/n told me you like these ones." Her mum smiled and then nodded to Y/n which he guessed was a nod of approval. "Now for the tricky part." Y/n muttered as a joke. Lando gulped down and followed his girlfriend in. His eyes fell immediately to the unbelievably tall man probably twice his size. "Oh shit." Lando mumbled so no one could hear. "Hey dad!" Y/n chirped which madre him turn around. The tall man's eyes scanned the much smaller figure of Lando and smiled. "And who's this then?"

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Lando." She said cheerfully and proud. "Erm, nice to meet you." Lando said slightly neerrvous. "Hey Lando. Heard a lot about you. I'm (y/d/n)" Lando relaxed a bit more after he was introduced to Y/n's dad, he seemed nicer at least. "So Lando, what exactly do you do?" Lando wanted to find a way to make racing a safer alternative. Her noticed a few meembeers at the table began chuckling which confused him a bit. "Dad, stop playing." Y/n warned. "He's nervous as it is." Lando looked over to her. "He knows you race. He watches F1." He nodded in understanding. "Thank god. I was gonna try and make it seem like a safer option than racing." Lando laughed. "Oh no, big McLaren fan here." Her dad spoke up. "Since I started watching it. That card has always gripped me."

You could say the night went by smoothly. Her dad wasn't what he thought he would be which was a bonus and the dinner was fucking amazing. "Well we better be off Dad." Y/n said grabbing here coat. "That's fine darling. I know Lando has to go to Barcelona for testing so I won't keep you any longer." Herr dad said. "Lovely meeting you Lando." Her mum added. "Lovely meeting you too. Hopefully we can do this again sometime." Y/n smiled up at here boyfriend as he spoke. He was a lot more confident now that he knew them even if it was just a tiny bit. "Well we'll be off then. Goodnight!" Y/n said practically dragging Lando out. Lando opened the car door for his girlfriend and closed it after her. After a wave goodbye, he then climbed into his car and drove out the gate. "So...that went well, didn't it?" Y/n smirked.

"It did. Better than I thought it would anyway." Lando said. "I told you nott to worry. See what happens when you listen?" Y/n joked. "Yeah but I think he'd likes me. I genuinely think he likes me. He's great." Lando continued to ramble on about her dad and how much they get along, the whole way up until they got home. "I just think he's great. I wanna go out and drink with him honestly." Lando joked. "I love you but you really need to shut up sometimes babe." Y/n said giving her boyfriend a kiss. "Nice of you tto love me." Lando said earning a laugh from Y/n. "You're an idiot." She added. "Well I'm your idiot and I wouldn't have it any other way."