🍼Mick Schumacher - Karting Track

"It's not that bad of an idea Liebling." You groaned in distaste as Mick went on yet again as to why he would like to get your daughter Emma a kart. "Mick, we are not getting her a kart." You replied. "Oh come on! Look at how she looks at cars! You can't tell me she doesn't want to race!" You looked over at Emma. She looked so happy, so content with watchinbg the cars, pretending to drive them. "Mick, I'm not so sure." Mick curled his arm around your shoulders and kissed the temples of your head. "Come on, she'll do good once she gets up and running." he reassured you. "We'll bring her Karting first. If she likes it, we'll let her do it.

"Mick, my baby is driving quickly. Why is she driving quickly?" you asked nervously. "Liebling, relax. She's not even going that fast." he chuckled watching as his little girl drove around the track. It had been a week since the initial conversation ojf Emma going Karting and the dayv you had dreaded had come. "If she could theoretically crash, it's too fast." You replied. You tensed up through every corner, scared she'll mess up or maybe even crash and hurt herself. Having a husband as a driver, that was stress but having your own child? That's worse! Mick noticed this and placed his hand on top of yours. "She'll be fine. Just relax-"
"She just went off track!" Mick flinched at how loud you were but followed your line of vision to Emma's little kart on the side. You let out a shakey breath before standing up to leave. "What's wrong?" he asked grabbing your hand to pull you back. "Mick can I please just bring her home?" you asked anxiously looking around. "She wants to get back out onto the track." he said. You scoffed and looked at him. "And how do you know-"

You looked out gobsmacked as you saw the little four years old that was your daughter rushing her kart out. She wasn't meant to get out of the kart but literally no one else was on the track, no one was even at the Karting centre. "She's pushing the kart back out." Mick smiled proudly at the little girl as she hopped back in and started it up again. You watched her even closer as she took every turn. She attacked them all with such fierceness, it was immensely entertaining to watch. She kept on beating her lap times over and over again. Mick saw the grin and excitement light up your face. That was more like it. There was no turning back now, he'd got the kid hooked on Karting. Emma's time was soon up and she drove back in before parking her kart. You and Mick walked over to meet her just to see what she thought of it. "So barchen, what do you think?" he asked. Emma replied but it was muffled from the helmet she had on. You chuckled and took it off her. "Hearing you would be a nice start baby."

"Mama, it's amazing! It's so fast and I want to do it again and again! I want to go and drive like daddy when I'm bigger and I'm going to win all the races and-" You kind of cancelled all the noise out. Just by looking at her eyes you figured she wouldn't want to stop. Not a chance now. She got a taste for speed and it became like a drug. "That's great baby. How about you go and change though?" she nodded her head enthusiastically and ran off to get her race suit off. Mick turned to you grinning a dopey grin. "What's got you so happy?" you asked. "So then, can we keep her Karting?" The look on your face was telling him no. "Oh come on, look at how happy she was! You can't do this to her now. Not when she found something she likes." You bit your lip and looked at him indecisively. "Mick I don't know-" Mick pulled your face up to look into his eyes. "Liebling, she'll always be your little baby girl but she's growing up a bit now-"
"Mick she's four."
"She wasn't born four now was she?" You giggled at his point. "Look, she'll obviously like some things and dislike others but I think she really likes this. Just let her kart."